We are searching for an organized, energetic cook to join our team. As a member of the food service team, you’ll be helping to prepare meals for our campers and guests. Working in a fast paced environment, food service staff are responsible for storing and preparation of ingredients, assisting with the cooking of meals and ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen and storage areas.
About Camp For All:
Camp For All is a unique, year round, barrier-free camp for children and adults with challenging illnesses and special needs. We maintain a professional environment where our mission is carried forward through the work of our innovative and dynamic team members. Camp For all supports a culture of always putting our mission first and upholding the values of communication, professionalism, work life balance, diversity and inclusion and quality in all that we do. #campforallproud
Food Service Staff responsibilities are:
· Follows all safety and sanitary standards in accordance with Camp For All, Texas Department of State Health and American Camp Association standards
· Prepares food per Food Service Manager’s instruction
· Cleans dishes, trays, utensils, kitchen and dining room
· Maintain a “service with a smile” attitude
· Advises Food Service Manager when inventory supplies and equipment are needed
· Assists with checking in food orders as they are delivered per procedures
· Assists in maintaining dry storage area, freezers and walk-in coolers in a clean and organized manner
· Maintains flexible work schedule, with ability to work extended hours as needed
Food Service staff physical demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be working with multiple kinds of tools and equipment and will be expected to maintain safe working conditions at all times. Employee must be able to work in hot and cold environments.
This is a part time/seasonal non-exempt position that starts at $13/hr. Summer hours will be close to full time, with part time work available in the spring and the fall.
Food Service Staff requirements are:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a food service environment OR education relevant to the position
- Food Handler Certification
- Food Allergen training, certification or relevant education
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Evenings are required (no late nights)