Mental Health Connecticut (MHC) is a statewide not for profit provider agency that partners with individuals, their families, and the surrounding communities to create environments that support long-term health and wellness. We measure success by our ability to help individuals obtain a safe home, achieve whole health, realize a meaningful purpose, and develop connections in the community. MHC envisions a future where wellbeing is rooted in respect for the condition of being human. Our dedication to this mission is evident through our focus on community education, advocacy, and direct service.
MHC has an immediate full-time entry-level opening for a Floating Recovery Assistant. This position will be a state-wide floating position that will cover open shifts throughout the Mental Health Waiver Program. State-wide travel will be required. This position will be eligible for mileage reimbursement according to MHC policies. This position will be responsible to document and deliver services, including Medicaid reimbursable services, if applicable, to persons in recovery in the activities outlined in their Individual Recovery Plans.
Salary: $14.00 per hour. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Cost share split 80/20 for individual and 70/30 for family)
- Dental (Same cost share as Medical)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Company paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Generous paid time off policy
The Recovery Assistant responsibilities include:
- Maintain certain activity and progress reports.
- Teach and assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) skills to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Implement the Individual Recovery Plan (IRP).
- Engage with persons in recovery to assure they participate in programs and activities.
- Ensure the safety of participants in their residence through proper supervision of the site including being aware of necessary treatment issues.
- Orient participants to the program.
- Act as a liaison with the participants’ therapists, referral sources and community agencies.
- Willing and able to drive a personally owned vehicle locally and within the state.
- Monitor and document the self-administration of medications noting any refusal, resistance, reactions, errors or special conditions.
- Perform medication runs if required.
- Knowledge of the treatment needs of people who have mental health, substance use, and co-occurring conditions; knowledge of basic counseling skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative, professional relationships with clients, other staff, and community agencies; ability to work in a team environment; ability to take responsibility with minimal supervision and direction.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required.
- Advanced degree, license, and/or certification strongly preferred i.e. Recovery Assistant certificate.
- Prior work experience in community mental health preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid CT driver's license and auto registration and insurance.
- Recovery Assistant Certificate preferred.
- Medication Administration Certificate may be required.
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please