BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave as an immediate opening for a Site Acquisition Analyst on the Project Development Team. As a Site Acquisition Analyst, you will assist with the analysis and acquisition of new solar (PV) and/or energy storage (ESS) development opportunities and support the development strategy of our renewable energy portfolio. The Site Acquisition Analyst will primarily work on projects in the Northeastern United States with the potential for some exposure to other markets in the United States and overseas. The ideal candidate prioritizes relationship building, possesses strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong independence producing research analysis in the workplace.
- Use GIS or similar programs to originate and vet qualifications for solar farm site development opportunities;
- Develop Lease Option Agreements (LOA) and present to landowners or relevant stakeholders;
- Manage landowner and land scout relationships;
- Interpret utility queue data to inform site selection;
- Maintain an internal system for GIS data organization and file structuring;
- Research local zoning bylaws and interact with municipal authorities having jurisdiction;
- Manage relationships with landowners and facilitate the negotiation of business terms for prospective PV development opportunities both via email/phone and in-person
- Conduct fatal flaw on-site assessments of prospective PV development opportunities;
- Manage pipeline of PV development prospects in BlueWave’s CRM platform: Salesforce;
- Other duties for which the candidate is qualified.
- Bachelors degree in related field (or relevant experience)
- Experience using GIS, CRM and Excel
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and across functions
- Customer/client facing experience a plus
- Familiar with environmental site work or site acquisition a plus
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.