Scope: Performs professional accounting activities in accordance with The Association’s policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles as promulgated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Essential Functions: Oversees input of all items and actively pursues automating the processes. Reviews cash receipts in detail or on summary level. Oversees input and reviews expense vouchers, credit card reports, vendor invoices, and petty cash activity ensuring accuracy of disbursement, proper expenditure classification, proper authorization, appropriateness of expenditure in accordance with Finance policy, and provides guidance to departments.
- Processes or reviews expense vouchers and vendor invoices for payment including preparation of accounts payable checks.
- Prepares various payment vouchers as assigned.
- Reviews billings to outside customers for building rental, production and information technology services, Texas Aggie magazine advertising and others.
- Ensures proper collection procedures monthly.
- Reviews and Reconciles appropriate databases and accounts.
- Reconciles ring receipts, deposit amount and unearned commission amounts with ring office at payment of ring manufacturer.
- Quarterly, analyzes ring liabilities ensuring they are not misstated & adjusts accounts as necessary.
- Prepares or reviews monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries, including automation.
- Creates and maintains assigned distribution codes.
- Assigns and creates various accounts as needed.
- Prepares select monthly assigned account reconciliations, addressing untimely items or past due accounts.
- Analyzes financial information and develops reports per departmental requests.
- Compiles reports to aid departments in the development of their annual operating budget, assists in the assessment of prior year trends, projections of future revenues and expenses, discussions of special items with departmental administrators and analysis of overall budget.
- Coordinates with all departments during the entire budget process. Provides them with required reporting and any additional reporting requests necessary to aid with budget preparation. Assists all departments while budgets are input into accounting templates. Performs all budget data entry. Prepares all budget reports for director final review. Assists with final published budget reports.
- Maintains journals and ledgers for accurate and timely information.
- Oversees preparation and distribution of quarterly management reports and interim reports on request.
- Oversees signature authority.
- Maintains security of cash/check receipts through proper storage and regular bank deposits.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual report, including compilation of footnotes.
- Prepares annual informational returns to non-corporate service vendors.
- Automates and maintains manual processes.
- Identifies quarterly variances to be included in the Board financial letter. Communicates with departments regarding budget to actual variances and some accruals to help ensure accurate financial reporting. Prepares the variance text for the Board financial letter.
- If needed, assists internal audit with understanding of The Association’s process flows and booking of financial items.
- Imports quarterly allocation of short-term investment income and quarterly allocation of pooled investment income.
- Prepares quarterly transfer of earnings from board designated funds to operating funds.
- Imports various entries as needed.
- Amortizes prepaid expenditures and deferred revenues.
- Manages employee cafeteria plan disbursements.
- Assists with monthly bank reconciliation for operating bank account.
- Imports funds transfers among operating funds, short term investments and long term investments.
- 100K Plan review and recommends accounting involvement or changes.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal of 100K by 2020.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, TNT, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Given: Accounting Assistants
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required: Five years of accounting experience or; degree in Accounting and three years of accounting experience
Preferred: Certified Public Accountant; Degree
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Frequent use of a video display terminal. Ability to speak and write clearly. Ability to operate 10-key.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
Required: Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, MIP accounting software or other and ability to learn web based software. Keyboarding and communication skills and attention to detail. Accounting software and ability to learn web based reporting systems. Must be willing to work as a team player with customer satisfaction as a priority. Ability to organize concurrent projects and manage time. Ability to interact with a diverse population and be a liaison to all departments with a positive attitude. Willingness to work overtime during peak periods.