We may not currently be looking for Spring, Summer &/or Fall Interns, but... we may soon!
If you are majoring in Insurance & Risk Management, Actuarial Sciences, Information Technology or any other type of Business-related studies and have interest in Sales, Underwriting, IT, Claims, Research & Development, Finance, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Business Analysis &/or Property/Casualty Insurance in general, please send us your resume! We want to add you to our Talent Pipeline!
Each internship opportunity is unique as we incorporate a wholistic, well-rounded experience for the students. Fundamental requirements include:
- The student will honor the agreed upon work schedule and hours.
- The student will participate in departmental meetings and training when appropriate.
- The students are requested to share feedback, both verbal and written, regarding their experience. Both during the internship and at the conclusion.
- We request the students voice any requests for additional time and/or exposure to their particular area of interest.
Based on feedback from past interns, our program is popular because students aren't "paper pushers" or just observers of processes. Indiana Farmers Insurance interns are immersed in important work and projects and have the opportunity to explore other departments.
Now, lets focus on our ICARE company culture! If the mindset and characteristics of our Associates are something you embrace yourself, then please continue with your application!
Innovation We believe in the power of people to innovate. We encourage everyone to be adventurous and ambitious. Challenge the status quo, dream, and bring SMART insurance and risk solutions to our members.
Collaboration No one of us is as SMART as all of us. We are passionate about working together to execute our Vision. We depend on the contributions of all team members to achieve results.
Accountability We do the right thing. we stay true to our word and honor our commitment.
Respect We insist on respect for everyone. Honesty, fairness and decency reflect who we are. We embrace diversity and different perspectives. We listen first.
Empowerment We encourage our Associates to continually develop their talent and skills. We prize creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. We inspire our Associates to analyze risks and take action in support of our Vision.
Why intern for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
If you are looking for a positive, stable place to intern, take a look at what we offer:
- 95% retention of our associates over the last 5 years despite a competitive marketplace
- Financially stable organization as shown by our consistent A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Competitive compensation opportunity and outstanding benefits package
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 144 years in business
Many of our interns have returned for additional Internships, worked part time during the school year &/or joined our company upon graduation! If we end up being a good match for one another and you come to work for us full time, check out some of the awesome rewards and benefits you could be looking forward to!
Total Rewards package for full time Associates includes a competitive salary and benefits:
- Excellent health, dental, vision and life Insurance plans are provided free of charge to associates
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- We offer an exceptional 401(k) Plan with a 2% match plus an 11% company contribution
- An above average Paid Time Off bank of days as well as paid holidays are standard
- We offer a paid Day of Service to serve others at your favorite charitable organization
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- Education Assistance Program
- Casual Attire
- An on-site fitness center complete with showers, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building, make life easier
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!