Knovva Academy is an international education organization committed to the enhancement of educational quality and opportunity for youth around the world. Knovva provides tailor-made educational solutions, services, and products to support student, teacher, school, and governmental preparedness for the 21st century. From life-changing learning opportunities to online and blended learning courses that go far beyond schools’ standard curricula, Knovva provides the education necessary for youth to excel in our increasingly interconnected world.
Knovva Academy is seeking a part-time English Language Arts/Writing Instructor to build out our line of advanced secondary student-focused coursework. Courses require 1 to 2 hours of contact time with 1 hour of preparation time per week for the duration of the course. Courses can run from 6 to 8 weeks depending on the type of course. The instructor will be working with a team of full-time curriculum designers, adding their classroom expertise in curriculum design, assessment, and engagement activities for secondary students.
The ideal candidate is a current or former secondary school educator or college faculty member in a public or private school, teaching in a related field.
Working with us, you will:
- Instruct a weekly course with 4 to 8 students.
- Communicate with a Knovva coordinator through frequent updates in a remote environment to discuss lesson structure, formatting, content, adaptation, and accuracy.
- Give feedback to students on assignments.
- Work in conjunction with a Knovva coordinator to deliver an online secondary-level course, including formative and summative assessments.
- Complete other assignments as determined by the Vice President of Academics.
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Extensive experience in relevant classroom instruction of secondary students is required
- Experience executing lesson plans and developing curriculum at the secondary or college level is required
- Experience instructing students in advanced curriculum is a required (AP/IB/Cambridge et cetera)
- Experience with academic competitions is a plus (ex. John Locke, New York Times)
- Experience evaluating students through various forms of assessment geared towards secondary students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an international and multicultural environment
- Team player, sense of humor a plus
The Part-Time English Language Arts/Writing Instructor is a 1099 Contract remote position for Knovva Academy. The contract length is course-dependent with an average length of 6 to 8 weeks, with the possibility of extension. Hourly rate is competitive and commensurate with experience. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States; sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
Knovva Academy is a passionate work environment with an international atmosphere and a welcoming staff. Knovva’s core belief in the importance of diversity and open-mindedness is reflected in both its programs and its workspace.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knovva Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply: Please submit your résumé along with a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.