Newly created REVELxp is revolutionizing the sports and entertainment industry by reimagining gameday and redefining non-gameday experiences. We are looking for innovative self-starters who want to be a part of an organization that is helping reshape fan experience across the nation. If you have a passion for hospitality, service and revenue generation where you can make an immediate impact, we want to hear from you.
REVELxp is the combination of the some of the biggest brands in sports and entertainment serving more than 50 partners, hosting a million fans and participating in thousands of events annually. Apply now to be a part of one of the fastest growing teams in sports.
Our best asset is our people. We invest in our people and expect them to invest in us. We hire people who understand what it means to serve a client. We believe in doing the right thing and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We are a family and we want our clients to think of us as partners, not vendors. We want to help them innovate and be better every day. Our clients are largely in college sports and we run at quite a pace during the season to not just keep up, but to stay ahead. If you like the excitement of a fast paced, fun environment, apply today. We promise you won’t be bored, but don’t think you’re going to actually sit and go to the game either. We are part of the magic behind the scenes that makes it all work.
REVELxp is currently looking for an experienced innovative individual. As the Manager of Event Design, you will be a key part of the team responsible for overseeing event designs and facility improvement opportunities for REVELxp and REVELxp partners. This position will report directly to the SVP of Design and Operations. The ideal Team Member has a passion for design, knowledge of permanent and temporary structures, and a strong attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for creating designs, drawings, and renderings for REVELXP produced events and potential improvement opportunities with partners
- Ensure designs have detailed plans to deliver the desired experience
- Develop and maintain industry leading standards for presentation imagery and design documentation
- Work with the design and production teams to ensure projects are delivered to meet deadlines
- Ensure event space specifications are well understood and documented appropriately
- Provide training and education on print capabilities and design techniques to team
- Clearly document design process and means and methods used to achieve project results
- Participate in departmental, planning, and design meetings, as well as in brainstorming sessions
- Perform review of design elements for effectiveness, and attend event installations
- Ensure paperwork, digital design files, and renderings are well-organized and maintained
- Ensure project status, delivery information are promptly communicated to internal teams and clients
- Become knowledgeable of company event sites and equipment inventory
- Be current on new technologies and software, design trends, vendor products, props/design elements, and production techniques
- Ensure consistency and accuracy
- Maintain key internal and vendor relationships
- Provide creative vision for projects requiring event and structure design
- Manage time and efforts to ensure projects are delivered on time, in budget and to the highest quality possible.
- Ensure industry standards, code compliance, and other permitting requirements are fulfilled
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT CANDIDATE?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in architecture, engineering and/or design fields
- Bonus: desire to hold an architectural or engineering license
- Willingness to participate in a collaborative and fast paced ‘design studio’ environment
- Proven experience and knowledge in architectural and event design
- Proven ability to solve problems related to production, design, operations, and timeline
- Innovative minded individual with strong ability to generate new ideas continually concerning design creation and production techniques
- Knowledge of sports and the excitement surrounding in-person events is a plus
- Self-motivation that drives individual results while being a strong team player
- Possess a high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a charismatic, positive “can-do” attitude
- Proficiency in Office, Excel, Autodesk Suite, Adobe Suite, and Google Suites
- Desire to always seek new ways to improve process and combat inefficiencies
- Effectively communicate in verbal and written forms
REVELxp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a criminal background check.