Over the past 30+ years, CRI has partnered with countless companies to create workplaces that become ecosystems for imagination, inspiration, and ideas.
In the landscape of ever-changing office design, we strive to create resilient workplaces that become launch pads for teams to feel excited, motivated and encouraged to do their best work.
Our expertise is built upon a solid foundation of workplace strategy and furniture design, project management, and client advocacy. We are passionate about our values and strive to be an example of excellence in all that we do.
The Design Manager is a dynamic leader and seasoned design professional. The role oversees the design department and is responsible for employee training, mentoring and development and ensuring quality design solutions and deliverables with a high level of customer service. The Design Manager will work with the Director of Creative Services to strategically align Design department goals with Company goals, taking into consideration current customer requirements, market conditions and resources. Responsibilities include:
- Manage department staffing needs including hiring, performance evaluations and development plans, overtime approval, and vacation scheduling
- Direct and develop the Design staff to accomplish individual, departmental, organizational and project specific goals and objectives
- Develop and implement training programs for new and existing employees
- Provide support, motivation and coaching for the team
- Assign projects and maintain balance of work distribution throughout the department
- Supervise the overall work of the department to ensure responsiveness, accuracy, timeliness and compliance with Company, Industry and Market standards
- Provide expertise to guide Designers in their oversight of programming, space planning, typical development, finish selection, working/installation drawings and specifications
- Participate in implementing improvements to design processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the company
- Strategic thought partner to Sales Leadership in developing creative, cost effective design solutions for bid responses
- Plan and organize budgeting resources to ensure operations are within budget
- Advise leadership on the performance, needs and recommendations for improvement of the Design department
- Partner with other departmental operations including Sales, Finance, Project Management and Field Operations to ensure alignment of goals and resources, coordinate training, recommend and implement process improvements and address personnel related issues
- Other duties as requested
- Community engagement representing the design capabilities and excellence of CRI