Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through 4 generations. We are a leading packager and processor of plant based cooking oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner. We are continually growing and our growth has created a need for a Warehouse Manager to support the workflow our warehouse operations.
The Warehouse Manager will ensure that all warehouse activities are carried out efficiently and profitably.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the warehouses (both 1 and 3 Nemco); schedules and organizes staff to ensure proper staffing of 1st and 2nd shift (for both production and shipping/receiving needs)
- Hires and ensures proper training of new warehouse employees is carried through and ensures they have become forklift certified.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy and core values
- Ensures efficient warehouse operations through collaboration and coordination with other departments.
- Becomes a "train the trainer" for forklift operators.
- Completes all required reporting requirements needed to determine proper KPI’s.
- Executes maintenance activities when needed to ensure proper operations of forklifts
- Liaison for Brodie Toyota or any WHSE related vendors
- Researches, identifies, and presents new ideas to improve warehouse operations.
- Assists with/leads process implementation
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled meetings
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and company safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in inventory systems and related software programs
· Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics discipline preferred
· Five years of related experience required; supervisory experience strongly preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent supervisory and interpersonal, coaching/developmental, skills.
· Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures.
· Thorough understanding of applicable federal, state, local, and company safety policies.