Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of data science solutions, professional staffing and professional services, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. Data In. Insights out. Learn more at Trellance.com. This position offers a hybrid work schedule, 3 days per week in office and 2 days per week work from home.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to source data from client systems into the data lake, data warehouse and end-user facing BI applications. Responsible for ingestion, transformation and integration of data to provide a platform that supports data analysis, data enrichment and data science, as well as making data operationally available for analysis. This is a great opportunity to work in a start-up environment and be able to contribute at the foundation level, while shaping the future of Trellance.
- Build and maintain scalable automated data pipelines. Support critical data pipelines with a highly scalable distributed architecture - including data ingestion (streaming, events and batch), data integration, data curation.
- Deploy, automate, maintain and manage Azure cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Good architectural understanding to build and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on Azure platform.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.
- Design and arrangement of scalable, highly attainable, and fault tolerant systems on Azure platform.
- Ownership and responsibility for end-to-end design and development, testing, release of key components.
- Understand and implement best practices in management of data, including master data, reference data, metadata, data quality and lineage.
- Experience with code versioning tools and a command of configuration management concepts and tools, CI-CD including DevOps.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule, 3 days per week in office and 2 days per week work from home.
- Expert level SQL knowledge and experience.
- Expert level experience with Python/Pyspark/C# and Object Oriented programming.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, or other ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience with streaming integration and cloud-based data processing systems such as; Kafka, and Databricks.
- Experience with Snowflake/SnowSQL preferred.
- Hands-on knowledge of cloud-based data warehouse solutions.
- Experience working within Agile methodologies.
- Experience with cloud architecture and solutions.
- Experience with cloud-based data storage such as Azure data lake and blob storage
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database and Oracle database.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux virtual servers.
- Experience implementing data pipelines.
- Experience deploying developed code.
- Moderate skill in Power BI.