The Product Line Manager’s primary role is to implement and maintain the product and business strategies. Responsibilities include market and competitive data analysis, pricing and margin management, life cycle management, creation of and through collaboration of the sales team the implementation of go-to-market strategies, project management, sales support, and continuity of the product roadmaps. This position works very closely with all functional departments to support opportunity pursuit and product development. This role supports both Elliott Manufacturing and Power-Packer and can be based out of Binghamton, NY or Waukesha, WI.
· Data analysis and recommendation used to develop global strategic goals
· Direct the implementation of the global product line strategic plan to prioritize and maximize company and product line profitability and investments.
· Project management of product line NPD projects, adhoc project management support of select ESR (Engineered Service Request) projects. Understanding of phase gate process for NPD projects
· Pricing analytics that meet regional market needs while supporting strategic portfolio offerings and company goals.
· Integrate market product position (feature, benefit, value) for support of product design definitions.
· Conduct market studies, including VOC to understand new/adjacent market opportunities and assess viability
· Create and validate value propositions to differentiate product lines
· Understand competitive landscape threats, opportunities and market and technology trends
· Analyze new product concept viability including sales volume, price, cost, margin and profit potential
· Direct Go-to-Market strategies for assigned new projects
Education: BS/BA degree in Business or Engineering or relative technical field or equivalent previous experience.
Experience and/or Training: 5+ years of experience in roles with responsibilities such as data analysis, market analysis, voice of customer (VOC) processes and interactions, new product development processes. Knowledge of project management techniques and project charters to maintain focus. Understanding of product lifecycle management and decision making from product roadmaps; This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and internationally (25%)