JOB SUMMARY: The resident care assistant will provide personal care services, assistance, support and supervision to residents. The resident care assistant also will provide housekeeping services to residents and assist with activities and food service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist residents with daily grooming, bathing, dressing as needed.
• Assist in the development and updating of each resident’s care plan.
• Provide ADL assistance to residents via Optimus system.
• Straighten residents’ apartment daily and make bed.
• Respond to all PERS alerts via the company pager in a timely manner. Make sure pagers remain on site and are turned over to a responsible person on each shift.
• Strip and remake residents’ bed weekly.
• Do personal laundry for residents weekly or as required.
• Assist residents with picking up trash and disposing of expired food in the apt.
• Monitor changes in residents’ appetite.
• Serve residents’ meals from kitchen as needed.
• Assist in the dining room during meals as needed.
• Assist with the activity program, conduct activities as directed by the activity coordinator or assigned by supervisor.
• Assure residents get to appointments, activities, and meals.
• Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned residents as needed.
• Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities.
• Encourage socialization among residents.
• Communicate all pertinent information to other staff in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong team approach to working with other staff. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public. This position will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
EDUCATION: Must possess high school diploma or equivalent with reading, comprehension and writing ability at 12th grade level or higher. Certification as a Home Health Aide (HHA) or Personal Care Aide (PCA) is required. Basic First Aid is also required.
EXPERIENCE: Experience or interest in working with older adults.