Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet around us.
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. Weavers Way offers a variety of benefits, including very affordable medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401k with match, an employee discount, paid vacation and sick time, company-provided disability and life insurance, and more.
Join us as an HR Generalist on our Admin team!
The HR Generalist oversees and provides assistance with Human Resource processes at all Weavers Way business locations and serves as a representative of the Human Resources department for internal and external customers.
- Administer the bi-weekly payroll process, ensure all applicable employee information is updated prior to payroll processing, monitor timekeeping system and adjust employee punches as necessary, submit Payroll Memo to Finance in a timely matter;
- Assist with employee relations issues; escalate issues as needed to the HR Director;
- In conjunction with the HR Coordinator, monitor employee performance reviews and update HR systems with applicable information and rate changes; suggest improvements for performance management process to HR Director;
- Work with HR Director and applicable stakeholders to develop, prepare, conduct, and track employee training;
- Administer HR Systems and Information, including employee information updates, new hires and terminations, pay rate changes, and systems improvements;
- Complete all required paperwork and onboarding actions for newly hired staff, schedule and conduct employee orientation,
- Maintain employee records and ensure confidentiality of information;
- Assist in posting new positions and screening candidates as requested by the HR Director, ensure HR Careers page is accurately updated, represent HR on the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee, update HR Director on any applicable initiatives or impacts;
- Provide benefits information to new employees and respond to direct benefit inquiries, verify benefits deductions in payroll, may update benefits deductions in HR systems if needed;
- Respond to requests for leaves of absence with applicable paperwork, document leave cases on the Leave Log;
- Report workplace injuries to Worker’s Compensation carrier in a timely matter, maintain proper files and record keeping for all injuries;
- Process employee terminations in HR systems, conduct exit interviews for non-management level positions;
- Assist with completing and sending requests for information from Government entities and vendor requests for information;
- Participate in HR Department Projects, provide feedback and suggestions to HR Director;
- General administrative support;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.