Title: Home Development and Intake Coordinator
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
As an Employer we offer our employees a great place to work. We are striving to become an employer of choice so we are committed to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion where employees can flourish. We offer great benefits to those who we employee, including, Flex Work Culture and a Retirement Plan where an employee can receive up to 9% employer contributions, when eligible.
Working Conditions: Working in a typical office setting
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, paid leave, Vacation time, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays (10).
Responsible for coordinating and implementing a recruitment, verification and licensing process for Foster/Adoptive Parents, and promoting Foster Care and Adoption services to the community. This position additionally provides assessment and placement services to children and families referred for placement at the Foster Care Village in Itasca, both private and state.
1. Conduct family & child assessments for individuals seeking resources, crisis management, or placement for children, either through community services or at PCHAS.
2. Gather and organize all placement documentation and ensure the information is accurately entered into PCHAS data base.
3. Facilitate both emergency placements and planned placements to include a pre-visit tour of the Itasca Foster Care Village as deemed appropriate.
4. Make recommendations to the Team for a child’s educational or psychological needs, including working with a school Diagnostician or contracted Psychologist if necessary to provide clinical & diagnostic information for accurate educational and mental health diagnosis by the Diagnostician or Psychologist.
5. Assist Case Management Supervisor with updates to the Annual Assessments for residents.
6. Conduct both initial and annual CANS assessments within required timeframes.
A bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling filed is required and a master’s degree preferred. Three to five years of experience in a group home or child and family service agency a plus. Must be computer literate and familiar with spreadsheet and word processing software. No licenses or certifications required for assessment & placement.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.