PURPOSE: Responsible for receiving and storing deliveries to Weaver’s Way
1. Verifies that shipment matches invoice, and ensures that shipment is not damaged before signing for receipt. If items are missing or damaged, takes appropriate action with vendor, delivery person and Weaver’s Way staff as needed.
2. Stores deliveries in proper spaces, accessible to staff. Prioritizes storage of more perishable items first as dictated by weather and other conditions.
3. Consolidates merchandise and rotates stock prior to deliveries so that older items will be sold before the new arrivals.
4. Ensures that all equipment is in working order and where it needs to be to facilitate deliveries.
5. Maintains clean and safe work area
6. Assists other staff during slow periods between deliveries
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Strong customer service skills
2. Ability to set priorities and multi-task, including supervising various co-operators in various stages of work.
3. Basic knowledge of Weaver’s Way products, plant safety and maintenance procedures and safe operation of equipment such as hand carts
1. Able to do continuous lifting of up to 50 pounds
2. Able to read and interpret invoices
· Observe all Weavers Way policies and procedures
· Complete peer evaluations as assigned
· Attend departmental and all-staff meetings as scheduled
· Read the day book each shift and other communications as released
· Perform other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor
·Abilitiy to lift 50+ pounds
Commitment to the mission and goals of Weavers Way Co-operative Association
· Ability to work well in a team setting
· Attention to detail and good organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
· Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing conditions
· Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment when necessary
· Be or become upon hiring a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-o