A client of PKF Mueller is in search of a Credit Analyst to join their organization. The ideal candidate will have experience with total account ownership handling all accounts credit and extension requirements including; customer interface, financial statement analysis, credit line configuration and filing.
Credit interaction includes both internal and external customers such as Sales, Logistics, Claims and Finance departments. Candidate will also possess a strong excel, reporting and business accounting background.
- Must have core competencies in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in excel pivot tables, v-look up and if/then statements.
- Proficiency in reviewing and interpreting Dun & Bradstreet reports.
- Self-starter and willing to take the initiative
- Must be detail oriented
- Be able to interact with clients and colleagues. The Credit Analyst will need excellent communication skills and a diplomatic approach
- Responsible for group of customer accounts to include all aspects of credit line extension and collections.
- Reconciliation and resolution of deductions taken on assigned customer accounts.
- Reconciliation includes resolving deductions/chargebacks for: shortages, returns, pricing, AVB and any other.
- Maintain credit files with most up-to-date information including: credit application, D&B report, NACM report, financial statements with accompanying analysis and security filed.
- Monthly reporting of past due balances to Management.
- Daily collection follow-up to include e-mails, letters and customer visits where appropriate.
- Yearly financial statement analysis and evaluation for customer’s credit line.
- Credit insurance and Factor reporting and risk mitigation procedures.
- Duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Level of Accountabilities
- Individual contributor
- Reporting key metrics for credit and collections such as month-end collections percentage, month-over-month improvements and DSO calculations