BorderX Lab is creator of the Beyond Fashion and Beauty Discovery Marketplace launched in 2014. We connect Chinese shoppers to official websites of brands and merchants like Saks, Bloomingdales, Everlane, Finish Line and Alexander Wang. Through our direct partnerships with major US and European fashion + beauty brands we guarantee our users receive authentic products at authentic prices. For brands we provide a turn-key solution to China localization and logistics. BorderX Lab has offices in Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
We are looking for a smart, strategic and experienced Merchant for its recently launched Fulfilled by BorderX Lab business. Your role will involve partnering with our Merchants' Account Manager and Content Marketing Team to drive product selection, curation and buying for our Beyond Beauty Box. You are the perfect fit if you love beauty, are analytical, have a positive professional attitude, and can work well as part of a dynamic cross-functional team.
- Establish new vendor contacts and relationships at mid-tier and indie fashion/beauty brands; negotiate and sign partnership contracts.
- Partner with existing merchant partnership team to implement best practices for vendor relationship management.
- Work with product, marketing, and operation team to drive sales and profit for the signed beauty/fashion brands.
- Bring monthly merchandising themes to life through Beyond Beauty Box product assortment and content.
- Advise CEO on strategy for implementing and managing the Fulfilled By BorderX Lab business.
- 5+ years of work experience with at least 3+ years of beauty merchandising experience required. Product development background preferred.
- Experience buying for a large multi-brand retailer or department store is preferred.
- Passion for beauty.
- Strong understanding of retail math.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
You Will thrive in the role if
- Confident, have a can-do attitude, able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management abilities (a lover of lists and timelines).
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative marketing mind with understanding of brands, consumers and products to help drive merchandising decisions
- and editorial content.
- Passionate about cross-border E-commerce.
What We Offer
- Be part of a diverse and awesome team.
- Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage; FSA Health, Dependent and Commuter Plans; 401K Plan
- Grow your expertise and career in a sustainable hyper-growth startup environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Learn how to execute in an international startup (Silicon Valley and Shanghai offices).
- Walking distance to Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and downtown restaurants.
Connect American and European lifestyles with Chinese consumers through our mobile marketplace app: Beyond (5th Avenue in your Pocket, http://www.bybieyang.com) through data-driven marketing technology. BorderX Lab is co-founded by 3 Google alumni with serious entrepreneurship experience and headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are currently in a very high-growth mode and laser-focused on customer optimization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.