Based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point, this Intern position is responsible for researching Trellance product competitors and reporting results to a leadership panel. Actively engage with multiple Trellance departments to understand internal products. Actively engage with multiple external industry resources to understand external products. Analyze our current products in the market, laying out strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to help leadership prioritize projects which enable best in class value to our customers.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to gather product documentation, interview subject matter experts, and clearly define the internal product offering from the customer perspective.
- Research external products using market analysis tools and Internet resources to clearly define the external product offering from the customer perspective. Interviews with external and internal subject matter experts are required to learn external product offerings.
- Summarize market analysis in detailed Word and Excel documents using quantifiable comparisons between internal and external products.
- Presenting findings to a leadership panel in PowerPoint or other preferred software. Findings should be clear, objective, supported with expert quotes, and appropriate professional documentation. The presentation may include product differentiators, minimum viable product definitions, implementation times, price quotes, business value, data requirements, client base, and applicable software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Completing Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university; Master’s preferred
Preferred majors include Business Administration, Business Analytics & Information Systems, Market Research, Statistics, Finance, Data Science, Geography, Economics, Psychology, or related field.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
Prior experience and strong interest in financial services and applied statistics are preferred.
Ideal Skill Set:
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or related software.
- Experience or strong interest in Python, R, SQL, or related software.
- Experience or strong interest in business administration, financial services, FinTechs, or Information Technology.
- Experience or strong interest in customer service.
- Proficient in identifying and articulating problems.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to dive into details and navigate challenges.
- Introduction to business sectors: credit union, financial services, FinTech, data science, and business administration.
- Introduction to modern software and hardware required for credit union, financial services, FinTech, data science, and business administration activities.
- Knowledge of skill sets, roles, and backgrounds required for a successful data science company.
- Grow market analysis skill sets through research, documentation, and communication of results.
- Potential to join a growing start up through internship, which may become a full-time position.