Toyon is seeking an individual to lead a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and subsystem specialists supporting government programs from our office in Sterling, VA. Project requirements span the lifecycle of integrated software and hardware components, from requirements development to operational test and evaluation. The systems integration project manager must be able to succeed in leveraging the talents of team members, organize effective performance to schedule and cost objectives, and contribute directly to systems definition and analysis products.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills, and ambitions:
· Minimum of 10 years engineering work experience, and a minimum of 5 years directly leading engineering teams engaged in hardware and software development
· Minimum of 5 years performing systems analysis tasks, including trending of system performance, problem resolution, and analysis of alternative solutions
· Demonstrated ability to prepare deliverable reports for systems definition tasks, including requirements analysis, system design, and subsystem specification
· Excellent planning and problem solving skills applied in project management assignments
· Understanding of effective tools and practices for project scheduling, resource allocation, coordination among multiple performers, and developing deliverable data items
· Understanding of fundamentals for IT network design, configuration and information assurance
· Preferred breadth of knowledge in areas of reliability engineering, fault tolerant systems implementation, software development, and/or environmental air monitoring
· M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent experience in engineering or applied science
· All candidates must be U.S. citizens; existing security clearance desirable
U.S. Citizenship Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.