Named the Top Tech Startup in SATCOM in 2020, the 2021 Top Innovation in the New Space industry, and Maryland’s 2021 Emerging Technology Company of the Year, Kythera Space Solutions develops groundbreaking planning, optimization, and control software solutions for advanced satellite communication systems.
Based in the Washington DC metro area, Kythera Space Solutions is seeking a UI/UX Designer to lead the UI design of our next-generation solutions and products for satellite communications.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the UI/UX Designer interacts with a team of developers and systems engineers leading the conceptualization and design of new and innovative UI designs for our products and solutions.
To ensure your success as a UI/UX Designer, you should have a deep understanding of UI design principles as well as expert knowledge of the current tools, trends, and best practices within the industry.
Kythera is transforming the satellite communications industry. If you’re interested in and capable of transforming the UI for SATCOM, give us a call. We are an employee-owned company and offer a highly flexible and rewarding work environment and the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Translate concepts into UI architectures, sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and mockups that lead to intuitive user interfaces and user experiences.
- Facilitate the customers' and product owners' product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development life cycle
- Perform research, evaluations, and validations of moderate complexity.
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centered design research.
- Perform subjective and objective research both qualitatively and quantitatively, to gather deep end-user understanding.
- Perform usability/heuristic evaluations and validations across the product or solution lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science, UI/UX Design, or Graphic Design and minimum of 6-8 years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Expert skills in modern design tools – graphic design, infographics, page layout, prototyping, 2D & 3D animation
- Experience designing with Angular, React or Vue
- In-depth knowledge of web development basics including HTML and CSS
- Experience employing an iterative, user-centric design process in UX design/interactive prototyping.
- A portfolio of work to illustrate your skills and talent.
NICE IF YOU ALSO HAD:
- Familiarity with web UIs built on React.js/Node.js frameworks
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications concepts including communications theory, link budgets, wireless communications, and satellite
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)