Toyon is seeking an individual to support the design and implementation of specialized industrial network and SCADA systems for corporate and government clients primarily located in the Washington DC area. Toyon’s project team of engineers and technical specialists is responsible for assuring performance and reliability of industrial control systems. The ICS SCADA system engineer is an integral part of the team, working with others to achieve successful implementation and system verification.
Job assignments include a range of office and on-site work, concerning the planning, design, development, testing and implementation of industrial based control systems and monitoring applications. System sustainment, including revisions to applications to provide new capabilities, and technical refresh of existing applications are a primary responsibility. A typical project requires a balance of independent work activities at customer sites as well as participation in team planning and reporting activities at our office in Sterling, VA.
The ideal candidates will have the following experience, skills, and ambitions:
- Minimum of 5 years industrial automation work experience, and a minimum of 2 years directly working on the design, programming and implementation of SCADA applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and standardized communication protocols, especially OPC UA and BACnet.
- Experience with relational databases and network infrastructure technologies, including switches, firewalls, server virtualization, IT security practices, and Windows system administration
- Knowledge of SQL query and scripting languages
- Proven skill in planning, configuration management and troubleshooting of IT system
- Experience with ICONICS and Kepware applications a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline or the equivalent technical training and work experience
U.S. Citizenship Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.