Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Blackboard Learning Management System (Backend Application Administrator) with the following skills to support a DoD customer in Annapolis, MD.
- Backend Blackboard Learning Management System and Content System administration, monitoring (application logs), performance and tuning to ensure the USNA Blackboard system is available and functioning properly.
- Front-end, (Graphical User Interface (GUI)) Blackboard Learning Management System and Content System administration as assigned by TPM.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex Blackboard user support problems as assigned through WHD tickets.
- Interact with vendors and other technical staff to plan system upgrades and devise problem resolution.
- Assist faculty and staff with one-on-one or group training.
- Administer and monitor synchronization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) data to Blackboard via snapshot data integration or other means.
- Work with Blackboard to ensure timely application of required Blackboard upgrades and patches.
- Install and maintain Blackboard Building Blocks.
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic client usage trends and patterns.
- Act as backup application administrator for other web-based applications as assigned such as Ungerboeck Event Management System, Tripleplay Digital Video, etc.
Qualified candidates must be US Citizens and have the ability to obtain a clearance.
- At least three years of professional experience and familiarity with the majority of the skills listed below:
- Backend Blackboard Learning Management System and Content System administration, monitoring (application logs), performance and tuning.
- Front-end, (Graphical User Interface (GUI)) Blackboard Learning Management System and Content System administration.
- Basic UNIX, Linux or Windows systems administration experience.
- Troubleshooting shell scripts and programs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex Blackboard user support problems.
- Interacting with vendors and other technical staff to plan system upgrades and devise problem resolution.
- Assisting faculty and staff with one-on-one or group training.
- Administration and monitoring of Snapshot data integration.
- Application of required Blackboard upgrades and patches.
- Installing and maintaining Blackboard Building Blocks. Building Block development experience is a plus.
- Researching, evaluating, and providing feedback on problematic client usage trends and patterns.
- Tracking requests and providing performance summaries.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.