Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Senior Oracle Database Administrator with the following skills to support a DoD customer in Annapolis, MD.
- Monitor the Oracle database infrastructure for alerts and anomalies suggesting a less-than-optimal operation of the services.
- Provide administration support for Oracle Middleware components including WebLogic application Server. Integrate WebLogic with existing monitoring infrastructure, and utilize all diagnostic features.
- Research, develop and implement Oracle quarterly patching for the environment in a timely fashion, as determined by Enterprise Services Leadership.
- Provide specialized data management work involving the design, creation, maintenance and administration of computerized databases.
- Maintains, monitors, performance tunes, backs up, and recovers databases.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices in the delivery of data management services and has a working knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) for securing the platform.
- Implement and administer data mining and data warehousing programs.
- Research and develop plans for completing the Oracle product upgrades in a timely fashion, as determined by Enterprise Services Leadership.
- Work with the Oracle Data Warehouse staff to properly configure the GoldenGate package to facilitate real-time database replication.
- Work with the Data Warehouse staff and the Salesforce Development team to facilitate bulk data transfers between the systems.
- Gather, analyze, and document customer functional requirements as well as translate and interpret functional requirements into database designs and application prototypes.
- Identify security risks and determine and develop solutions including cyber vulnerability detection and assessment; incident handling and malware/vulnerability analysis and cyber incident response.
- Establish a good rapport and effectively communicate with customers, coworkers and supervisors, both verbally and in writing.
Qualified candidates must be US Citizens and have the ability to obtain a clearance.
At least five years of professional experience and familiarity with the majority of the skills listed below:
- Extensive experience installing and configuring the latest versions of the following environmental elements:
- Oracle WebLogic Suite
- Oracle WebLogic Server Management Pack for Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 10g, 11g R1/R2, and 12c
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Oracle Access Manager
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle Virtual Directory
- Oracle Directory Services Manager
- Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite
- Oracle Diagnostic Pack
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate
- All in a Multi-node Oracle RAC environment
- On the Solaris Unix, RedHat Linux, and Oracle Cloud platforms.
- Database Administrators must be fluent with the inner workings of a highly available Oracle environment.
- Must have extensive experience with all components within an integrated Oracle platform (both 11g and 12c) and be able to install, configure, patch, and upgrade them without requiring external support. Exceptions will be understood in extraordinary circumstances.
- It is imperative that the SDBA have expert knowledge of the installation, configuration, and operation of Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Must be fluent with Structured Query Language (SQL) in order to retrieve data from the system, test system access, and make recommendations regarding application performance.
- Oracle Quarterly Patching - Research, certify, test, and deploy patches as required. Must be prepared to work flexible hours in case downtime is required to execute patches.
- Upgrading Oracle Components - Must be able to research, certify, plan, and execute upgrades to any of the components within the 11g or 12c environments.
- Performance and Resource Planning - Must be able to evaluate the overall environment and make recommendations for resource capacity configuration (Storage, CPU, and Memory) and make changes to the system when improvements are identified.
- Troubleshooting - Must be able to apply sound technical skills for resolving problems when outages occur or performance is being degraded by an unidentified problem.
- Mulesoft Salesforce Interface
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.