Center City Housing Corp. is a statewide leader and innovator of affordable supportive housing, and at CCHC we believe that affordable housing isn’t a place to live, it’s a place where life can start moving forward. This is the most important work you’ll ever do. Not the easiest, but the most important.
The nurse is responsible for carrying out the mission of CCHC by providing services needed to support the resident health needs in a supportive housing apartment building serving formerly homeless chronic inebriates. This position involves working with a team of employees, volunteers, and partners to carry out the program goals based on "Harm Reduction" and "Housing First" philosophies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand "Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies and apply to specific duties.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team to effectively advocate for residents.
- Participate in resident/staffing meetings to implement Harm Reduction strategies, resident follow up, progress notes and record keeping.
- Assist with scheduling medical care and appointments to include all referrals.
- Assist with compliance for pre/post operative and other medical protocols.
- Create, oversee and modify medication management/safekeeping.
- Evaluate residents for urgent or routine medical care needs.
- Oversee student clinical experience.
- Provide diet, medication, and health education to residents.
- Provide annual training to program staff.
- Resource for infectious disease control.
- Assist in the collection of data and documentation for government agencies
- Abide by all licensure requirements.
- Develop and maintain medical resident files, records, rosters, program forms.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and complete all job duties efficiently.
- Attend and participate with routine staff meeting and training opportunities.
- Manage difficult resident issues by de-escalating potentially volatile situations and seeking additional help, including police assistance as needed.
This position requires a unique combination of nursing skill and social services. This position requires a person who is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team to carry out job duties. This position requires a person who has interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully deal with residents and the medical community professionally. The person in this position will need to work effectively with people who are inebriated and/or have active mental health issues. A license in nursing is required. Must obtain nursing insurance and keep current. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation required by government agencies and communicate through speaking, listening, and writing effectively with residents and outside agencies.
- Work effectively with lead team
- Registered or Licensed Practical Nursing Certificate
- Experience working with homeless populations, chemically dependent and mentally ill individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse residents and staff
- Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality
- Available to respond to occasional property or tenant emergencies
- Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs.
Center City Housing Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.