JOB SUMMARY: The food service worker is primarily responsible for a variety of kitchen duties. The food service worker will have the ability to perform duties as a unit cook, unit wait staff, utility worker, bulk service floor server or nourishment person. The food service worker will perform duties in compliance with established Episcopal SeniorLife policies and procedures and will perform them in a professional manner. This position may/will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
SALARY RANGE: $10.40-$14.10
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Finish cooking menu items.
• Plate and garnish resident entrees, salads, soups, and desserts.
• Take resident orders and serve the food in a manner consistent with established standards.
• Clear and reset all tables for next meal.
• Perform special cleaning tasks as assigned by the chef manager.
• Prepare supplies for next meal’s use.
• Performs basic cold food production.
• Wash all pots, pans and dishes.
• Record all temperatures for dish machine 3-bay sink to ensure proper concentration and cleaning procedures.
• Perform special cleaning tasks as assigned by food service manager.
• Remove garbage as needed.
• Sweep and mop floor as assigned.
• Serve resident meals as needed.
• Stock each unit’s bulk needs as per par level.
• Set up and plate food as per ticket order.
• Clear resident dining tables.
• Label and deliver all nourishments at assigned times.
• Stock units with required bulk needs.
• Adhere to departmental standard of dress.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of NYS DOH regulations on food operations and sanitation. Must pass the serve safe test on cooking, holding, plating and serving food. Ability to represent the Episcopal Church Home and interact effectively with vendors and service contractors. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Must possess high school diploma or equivalent with reading, comprehension and writing ability at 12th grade level or higher.
EXPERIENCE: Six months food service experience preferred.