Pay Range: $17.00 - $21.25/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Security I position secures premises and personnel by: patrolling property; monitoring guest behavior on the Beach, in parking areas, and other base area locations; inspecting buildings and equipment; and assisting in cash-handling procedures. This job is responsible for providing overall assistance to many departments in regards to safety and loss prevention, all the while informing guests of policy and procedures.
Security at Arapahoe Basin is eligible for a staging program based on experience and tested knowledge, which relates to applicable pay. See below for the individual staging requirements and duties.
This position is highly independent and requires a self-motivated person who will enjoy being the "Keeper of the Zoo" in the storied atmosphere of Arapahoe Basin.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- End-of-season bonus for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Provide high-quality guest service through visibility, verbal contact, and guidance to the proper code of conduct for all guests to enjoy a day worth repeating
- Observe conditions throughout Base Area facilities and parking areas to address hazards
- Provide escort and protection for other employees during cash-handling procedures and departure from work after dark
- Serve as liaison with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado State Patrol, CDOT, and other agencies when necessary
- Assist other departments as necessary to ensure that A-Basin’s regulations, rules, policies, and procedures are followed by all parties
- Help guests with ski and snowboard equipment issues when there is suspicion of theft or an accidental mix-up of equipment from different parties
- Review security camera footage to secure evidence of theft and/or to document other circumstances of importance
- Provide assistance to Base Area operations at times of elevated labor needs such as heavy snow falls or high-volume guest arrival
- Facilitate the proper exchange of contact information and incident documentation between parties involved in motor vehicle accidents as necessary
- Provide high-visibility deterrence by completing regular foot patrols and observance throughout the resort
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic first aid – preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including: conflict management
- Basic first aid training – strongly preferred
- EMT training - preferred
- Basic computer skills with Word, Excel, and Windows-based operations systems
- Ability to speak English and understand verbal and written communications in English
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to sit, stand, and navigate stairs
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, push, pull, throw throughout a shift
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles a day on variable terrain
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to visually observe premises and guest behavior; ability to listen for irregularities in machinery and/or activities
- Must be available weekends and some holidays
- Must pass a motor vehicle records background check
- Must pass a criminal background check
- This position will work indoors and outdoors in a high-alpine environment in all types of weather conditions. This position is customer-facing and may involve a high amount of customer and employee interaction, especially in the context of policy enforcement. Additionally, this position may find itself in confrontational situations involving alcohol or other substances. Helping other departments with physical labor tasks is expected and common. This job may require riding a chair lift.
Security II: Pay range: $17.75 - $24.00/hr
Fulfills all stage I responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- Observe conditions throughout Base Area facilities and parking areas to address hazards with full independence
- Previous experience in conflict resolution, security footage analysis, and motor vehicle incident management
- At least 3 years of prior experience in a similar role – preferred