Full-time, Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: ReStore Operations Manager
Location: San Carlos, CA
Schedule: Tues - Fri and Sunday, 9:20 a.m - 5:50 p.m (40 hours) or Tues - Saturday, 9:20 a.m - 5:50 p.m (40 hours)
- Provide superior customer service
- Assist customers in loading purchases which include large kitchen cabinets, appliances and large windows and doors.
- Restock and organize shelves as needed.
- Operate material handling equipment including hand trucks, pallet jacks and dollies. (Training provided.)
- Provide superior customer service to donors
- Assist donors with unloading and receiving donations from donor vehicles, provide receipts and courteous customer service.
- Accept and/or tactfully decline donations while still maintaining good relations.
- Unload and clean donations alongside volunteers in receiving area.
- Maintain, organize, and clean donation receiving area daily.
- Work with Donation Manager and Donation Coordinator to identify and maintain quality donations.
- Maintain drop-off data base in Thriftcart and provide assistance to staff, customers, and volunteers, as needed.
- Communicate donation guidelines.
- Thank donors and communicate Habitat’s mission.
- Ensure ReStore safety
- Assist in developing warehouse safety standards.
- Help maintain cleanliness and safety of the ReStore.
- Maintain loading areas in clean, efficient and workable conditions.
- Serve as back up donation pick up assistant as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic: natural team member who thrives working with people with diverse backgrounds and capabilities.
- Strong problem-solving skill.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Works in store and warehouse environment even during inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level will be loud at times.
Physical requirements include being able to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina, and the ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, go up and down stairs, and endure the full work day on their feet. Must be able to frequently communicate in English (verbal), working as part of a team and supporting staff and volunteers.