Reports to: General Manager
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 9.20 a.m. – 5:40 p.m. (with occasional early mornings & evenings)
Location: San Carlos ReStore 1411 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco seeks a highly motivated Administrative Coordinator to join our ReStore team to be the main point of contact for donation requests, to set and manage our pick up schedule, to foster relationships with patrons, team members and volunteers, and to provide essential data entry, management support, financial reporting, and to set both the pace and tone of a cooperative, collaborative environment.
As part of our social enterprise, we process, price, and sell in-kind donations to sell to the general public to raise funds for our central mission: affordable home ownership. Our surrounding communities are extremely generous and we are often fielding multiple and overlapping donation pick up requests via email, via an online form, via the telephone, and in-person. These requests encompass our entire service area of Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties and we conduct over 1,500 donation pickups annually.
S/he will also work with our General Manager and Assistant Manager of Receiving & Transportation to streamline existing donation processes in an effort to increase both efficiency and capacity. Our donation team currently consists of three drivers and a fleet of three trucks. S/he is responsible for all aspects of the donor requests, including: receiving and responding to requests, pre-approving items for donation, setting and communicating the daily schedule, communicating with donors on pick up procedures, recording and following up on any donation issues, and regularly checking in with both the donation team and management.
The Administrative Coordinator will work with a variety of stakeholders, both in-person and remotely, and will provide critical data entry and management for our volunteer-driven ReStore programs. This position is responsible for the timely processing of volunteer waivers, shift entries, volunteer guidelines / requirements, hours reporting (both internally and externally), and escalating / clarifying any data-related issues to the General Manager as needed. As part of these responsibilities, s/he will coordinate with both the Data Management and Volunteer Services teams.
An integral part of our administrative team, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the general operations and logistic of our shared office space and will coordinate on IT, supplies, financial reporting, and scheduling needs as they arise.
DONATION COORDINATION (60%)
This position will be in charge of coordinating our ongoing in-kind donation requests.
- Respond to email, online, telephone, and in-person pick up requests within 24-48 hours of receipt.
- Provide an excellent donor experience by ensuring that donors receive consistent guidance on what we receive, scheduling appointments, associated fees, communicating arrival windows, timely follow ups, etc.
- Guarantees quality control by checking in with donation team at the beginning and end of each shift and circles back with donors (thank you calls, donation receipt updates, etc.).
- Works to increase total amount of monetary donations collected as part of our pick up service
- Prioritizes commercial and corporate donors for high-value, recurring donations and manages 8283 form requests.
- Collaborates with both management and donation team to streamline existing processes to build donation pick up capacity.
- Works closely with the GM and AMRT to help hit and report on donation benchmarks
DATA ENTRY, COLLECTION, & COORDINATION (10%)
This position will be in charge of properly entering and reporting total volunteer hours worked
at our site.
- Maintains volunteer sign-in sheets, supplies, & waivers
- Enters all volunteer hours worked at the ReStore
- Flags duplicate or incorrect entries and records to Data Management team for correction, merging, and / or removal
- Receives weekly entry reports from Data Coordinator and works to update or otherwise correct any misentered or unentered entries
ADMINISTRATIVE EVALUATION, COORDINATION & REPORTING (30%)
This position will be in charge of coordinating and fulfilling all general office needs.
- Liaises with affiliate Finance department to ensure proper transmitting and recording of financial records, receipts, billing terms, and related documents
- Coordinates and creates various reports including sales dashboard, P&L statements, etc.
- Coordinates with affiliate HR department around submissions deadlines and general documentation. Facilitates the coordination and scheduling of trainings. Helps ensure department-wide adherence to standard operating procedures, manuals and policies
- Researches, negotiates and books all vendor / supplier services and goods
- Maintains an organized and functional office space
- Coordinates with 3rd-party IT on equipment & software needs / issues
- Processes all mail and deliveries
- Scans and promises receipts in regards to general spending
- Partners with General Manager to plan internal events
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional career with 2–3 years of increasing responsibility
- Self-starter, self-directed, and goal-oriented
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize a diverse task list with varying deadlines and levels of urgency
- Strong communication skills, including: A warm and thoughtful interpersonal communication style; a professional writing style; experience interacting with / coordinating groups
- Willingness to collaborate as a team player and work with a broad team of staff, volunteer leaders, and both corporate and day volunteers to achieve outcomes
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served
- Knowledge of standard office software (Outlook, Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Willingness to learn a suite of applications and programs (ThriftCart, Salesforce, Shopkeep)
- Must be able to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule
- Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record – may require staff to transport materials and supplies
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Must be able to pass felony and misdemeanor background check
- Must be able to pass background check
- Experience with project coordination preferred