What We Do
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco believes in the power of homeownership to create generational impact. To this end, we build homes for first-time homeowners and sustain homeownership by helping vulnerable homeowners retain their home as an asset for generations to come.
The Director, Business Operations plays a critical role in shaping organizational culture and facilitating high performance, ensuring that Habitat Greater San Francisco remains operationally efficient and in compliance. The HR/Operations group includes the Human Resources Manager, the Database and Systems Manager, the Senior Operations Associate, and a Recruiter.
Business Operations, and Systems Administration (40%)
- Develop robust workflows and enhance functionality of current systems, including Sage 300 CRE, Salesforce and Paylocity.
- Ensure functioning office infrastructure for HHGSF and ensure that the Office is properly maintained and resourced to support Habitat’s day-to-day operations.
- Maintain a robust job costing and contract management system.
- Develop and manage HR, IT and Operations annual budgets.
Risk Management and Compliance (35%)
- Conduct or arrange all required safety training for Office, ReStore and Construction personnel. Conduct annual organization-wide risk assessment and provide written report with recommendations and action plan for needed changes.
- Maintain all business licenses and ensure that HHSF has proper insurance coverage, including general liability, worker’s compensation and construction.
- Participate in Risk Management through coordination of Worker’s Compensation, OSHA, and HGSF’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (All Sites).
Human Resources (25%)
- Develop and maintain robust HR policies and procedures and maintain a professional filing system that includes personnel documentation and insurance contracts. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local labor laws.
- Optimize and manage recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, performance review and exit interview processes. Identify and advocate for improvements to HR systems.
- Resolve employee relations issues in a timely manner, providing conflict resolution in accordance with the organization’s policies and state/federal laws.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Experience providing oversight to HR and Operations across organizational functions
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding HR, labor law, and nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with best practices in organizational culture development
- Strong customer service orientation and cross-functional relationship-building skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage an unpredictable workflow and flexibility to respond thoughtfully and quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, databases, and software; ability to optimize finance and reporting systems
- Must be able to pass background check (In accordance with state and county law: convictions do not necessarily rule out employment, it depends on the nature and severity of the conviction and is evaluated on a case by case basis, check is conducted on last 7 years only.)