Not many companies in today’s world have a 95% retention rate of associates like Indiana Farmers Insurance. We value and retain our associates through a combination of interesting work, great co-workers, and a top-notch total rewards package. We are a financially strong mutual insurance company that values making smart decisions and implementing them sensibly. We also value having a good balance between our work and personal lives. All these factors combined mean a positive and stable workplace for our associates and excellent service for our members!
Indiana Farmers’ Values: Innovation + Collaboration + Accountability + Respect + Empowerment
We are currently looking for an Actuary I to join our Research & Development team. Our actuaries collaborate with each department to help support the organization as a whole. While our main focus is traditional pricing and loss reserve analysis, our team members also work on projects such as enterprise risk management and target marketing. As an Actuary I with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will help drive informed decision making in support of our vision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing company loss experience reports and working with the department manager, underwriting, marketing, and claims departments to develop rate change recommendations based on this information.
- Calculating quarterly rate indications and completing pricing studies.
- Analyzing the company’s competitive position and identifying targeted opportunities; and
- Building rate books and rate specifications for rate changes for all lines of business.
Qualifications and skills we are looking for include:
- A bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or related area.
- A minimum of two actuarial exams passed.
- General knowledge of the insurance industry and underwriting principles.
- Interest in collaborating with others and utilizing leadership skills.
- A high level of organizational abilities, analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail.
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 143 years in business!
Our total rewards package includes a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Excellent health, dental, vision and life Insurance plans are provided free of charge to associates.
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow.
- We offer an exceptional 401(k) Plan with a 2% match plus an 11% company contribution.
- An above average Paid Time Off bank of days as well as paid holidays are standard.
- We offer a paid Day of Service to serve others at your favorite charitable organization.
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization.
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture.
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier.
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to: www.Indianafarmers.com
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!