Employee Work Profile and Job Description
Job Title: Case Manager!
Location: Sussex County
Reports to: Program Director
Direct Reports: None
Program: Supportive Services for Veterans and Families
Are you a Veteran? Veteran candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive prference for this position!
Do you have experience with those experiencing homelessness? Are you someone who can provide links to community resources? Would you describe yourself as one who possesses strong communication and organizational skills, is empathetic, goal oriented, and is passionate about advocating for others? If so, keep reading!
Description of Position:
This member of the multidisciplinary team has the responsibility to carry out rehabilitation and support functions and assist in treatment. Provides individual support, substance abuse services, family support, services linkage, daily living skills support, assistance with self-administration of medication, employment support, social-leisure support, and other activities as assigned under the supervision of a mental health professional.
• Participates in treatment planning and case conferences with other staff of the community support program and with other agencies.
• Completes all assigned tasks from the daily schedule which may include: maintaining a therapeutic alliance with clients referring and linking clients to all needed services provided outside the agency and following up to see that said services are delivered; coordinating the provision of medical and vocational services; coordinating overall independent living assistance services and working with community agencies to develop needed resources including housing, employment options, and income assistance; providing support and consultation with consumer’s family; providing in-home services including; ADL training, medication assistance and training, social support and home management assistance; providing supportive counseling.
• Documents and keeps other staff, clinical coordinators, and Program Director informed of all changes in the consumer’s mental or social status.
• Carries primary or secondary cell phone as assigned and responds to after hours and emergency calls in accordance with program directives.
• Serves as an advocate for the consumer in the community.
• Conducts symptom education and self-management skills training.
• Conducts vocational skills training.
• Provides supportive counseling and case management.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned, verbally or in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Problem-Solving: The ability to identify a problem, or to identify situations that could lead to problems, in an effort to intervene quickly and effectively. This may not involve resolving the issue alone, only recognizing the problem, and demonstrating sound judgment by gathering and analyzing information
• Critical Reasoning: Excellent observation skills and the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions, as well as extracting themes or patterns from seemingly unrelated pieces of information
• Communication: Ability to convey complicated clinical and professional information to various audiences, in both written and oral form. Understanding the context in which information exists, and the ability to temper opinions diplomatically, all in an effort to model mature, positive, and appropriate behavior. Written communication is edited for spelling and grammar, and presents numerical and scientific data appropriately in clear, concise, and accurate manner.
• Adaptability: Quickly adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing interests, and demonstrates the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
• Stress Tolerance: Recognizes crisis situations and reacts to such in a calm, mature, professional manner. Accepts criticism and feedback, and is able to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Intermittent standing, sitting, walking, and driving.
CPR and First Aid
Valid Driver’s License and Clean MVR
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Behavioral Health, Psychology or related fiel
Prior military experience, a plus
Previous experience with homelessness population
Knowlege of local community resources in Sussex County!