Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics – and we’re off to a great start. We’ve partnered with world’s largest retailer to help re-invent the customer’s shopping experience with our Alphabot Technology at the center of a new era in retail. To succeed, we need to grow our team.
We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
Full Time, Exempt
The Electrical Designer will help us develop and support our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. The job entails working with the electrical engineering team to develop concepts, build and test prototypes, and document designs. The Electrical Designer will also work closely with Mechanical, Systems and Software Engineering Disciplines to define design requirements, develop concepts, complete designs and verification, transition designs to production, and support fielded products.
Who you are:
- You are skilled in 2d or 3d drafting and best practices – you are attentive, careful and strive to create documentation that is right the first time.
- You have an interest in automation.
- You are familiar and able to comprehend datasheets for common industrial components, including power supplies, industrial PCs and PLCs, circuit protection devices, UPSs, industrial touchscreens, and sensors.
- You have experience creating block diagrams and wiring diagrams.
- You are hands on and know how to build/repair things!
- Work with other engineers team to fashion accurate, modular and scalable wiring diagrams and their supporting BOMs, BOM structure, and supporting drawings.
- Locate datasheets and manuals for components, edit PDFs to clarify specific part used and mark them with internal part numbers.
- Create engineering change orders though our Product Lifecycle Management System to release and revise components and assemblies.
- Create drawings, schematics and procedures with direction from the electrical engineering team.
- Support prototype electrical assembly builds as required.
- Collaborate with vendors to identify optimal components.
- Knowledge and experience designing and generating electrical schematics and electrical cabinet CAD drawings.
- Familiar with the installation of conduit, cables trays and other cable management systems.
- Ability to read and understand electromechanical drawings and schematics
- Experience with Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical is a plus.
- Familiar with common electrical tools, including DMMs, oscilloscopes, ammeters, etc.
- Solid understanding of electrical basics (voltage, current, power, resistance, inductance, capacitance) and their relationships.
- Familiarity with common shop tools and 3d printers is a plus.
TEAMING & PERSONAL
- A love of making things to meet high personal standards.
- Self-motivated and able to work through ambiguity.
- Willingness to learn and grow as well as share knowledge.
- Detail oriented; willing and capable of documenting before designing.
- Ability to support or lead project teams as circumstances require.
- Works successfully in a collaborative team environment and constructively influences team decisions.
- Able to respond to urgency, drive and enthusiasm to deliver results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment meeting critical deadlines.
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Position requires a minimum of an A.S. degree in a relevant electrical or drafting field (or the equivalent in training and experience) with at least 2 years of job experience.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.