Alliance for Better Health (Alliance) promotes and fosters an inclusive work environment built upon resiliency, trust, and steadfast commitment to our mission of making communities healthier. Forward-thinking creativity and diverse experiences are highly valued. As an Albany Business Review and Modern Healthcare Best Place to Work, we prioritize empowering our team to do their best work toward better health for all.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including affordable health care options for employees and their families, a retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and remote work options.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for establishing and maintaining data analysis strategy and processes that support the organization's mission, strategic initiatives, and contractual obligations. The Sr. Data Analyst collaborates closely with business and technical team, driving data-driven decisions to improve the health of vulnerable communities. This role has tremendous growth opportunity to manage a team of Data and Reporting Analysts.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Works with key business partners to understand business priorities and develop effective and timely analytic solutions.
- Develops clear and well-structured analytical plans and logical and conceptual data flows.
- Queries, links, validates, and analyzes data across multiple databases with a keen eye on data integrity.
- Analyzes social care data and calculates metrics, including health outcomes and costs savings.
- Presents and explains results of analyses, internally and externally.
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents potential data sources in support of project and contract requirements.
- Identifies and addresses expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on reporting and analytic outcomes.
- Looks for new data correlations that could be used to illustrate additional value to community partners.
- Investigates and analyzes data to identify trends that could benefit both internal and external clients.
- Identifies data discrepancies and opportunities for improved data capture.
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves data gaps that impact the fulfillment of business requirements.
- Ensures constant compliance with data standards and data sharing regulations and guidelines, with an emphasis on continuous quality control and process improvements.
- Translates business requirements into data and reporting technical specifications.
- Designs and develops ongoing and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for internal and external customers, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Conducts data and reporting testing, when appropriate.
- Guides business departments in effective use of data.
- Provides data management documentation, inclusive of reporting and analytics platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related field required. (Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.)
- Minimum of 5+ years data analysis experience utilizing large diverse data sets.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in health care or social care services industries.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel.
- Experience in performance tuning of reporting queries.
- Experience developing advanced SQL queries.
- Experience analyzing and conducting critical analysis to derive business insights (i.e., segmentation).
- Experience developing reports and dashboards in a Business Intelligence (BI) tool (i.e., Power BI, Tableau).
- Experience with Azure a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to transform data into information, information into complex analytics and analytics into actionable plain language to drive business decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate methods and results to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality control and troubleshoot with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Performs all work in accordance with Alliance Core Competencies and Values.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions including use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Alliance does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries Alliance for Better Health.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation including OIG List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and state Medicaid exclusion lists. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.