About Cedar House Life Change Center
Cedar House Life Change Center (CHLCC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. What started as a small 12-bed alcohol treatment facility for men in 1973, named "Amigo House", is now a 125-bed treatment facility and we are growing! The staff at Cedar House is passionate and dedicated in improving the lives of those suffering from Substance Use Disorders.
Come join our great team and help us to continue to provide high quality Substance Use Treatment.
DUTY STATEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Conduct intake with all beneficiaries including CalOms forms, consent forms, ROI's and assessments as well as orientation to program.
- Manage bed assignments
- Maintain documentation in beneficiary record which includes intake note, updated case note, discharge note, and shift reports
- Oversee the self-administration of medication.
- Receive briefing from prior shift personnel on recent developments.
- Observe and report beneficiary behavior to case managers and document in beneficiary chart as well as shift report in EHR.
- Ensure beneficiaries attend all meetings and groups if physically able.
- Conduct walk throughs of facility and beneficiary rooms every 30 minutes and provide documentation of walk through
- Knowledgeable of Confidentiality laws, policies and procedures.
- Answer telephones and become knowledgeable with referral procedures.
- Monitor and record vitals of withdrawal management beneficiaries as instructed as well as conduct 30-minute close watch observation and document in beneficiary record.
- Complete continuing education and trainings as required by Cedar House, County and State mandates
- Provide transportation of beneficiaries as needed
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Understanding of the nature of alcohol/drug addiction and recovery process.
- Completed twelve years of education or have GED.
- Agree to enroll and complete a drug studies certificate program or have completed one.
- Will have 5 years to become certified or must be registered upon hire under an accredited drug and alcohol certification program.
- Ability to address stressful situations in a calm manner and be able to communicate in a positive way.
- Maintain current Adult CPR/First Aid/AED
- Maintain current certification and/or registration with CAADE or CCAPP.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Benefits to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan Company matched at $1: $1 up to 6% of Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Vacation 2 weeks accrued per year initially, then incrementally more with longevity
- Sick Leave 48 hours accrued per year
- Holidays 12 paid per year
***The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable***