Part-Time and Full-TimeClosed Sundays, No late nights (9AM - 7 PM)
This step position has additional responsibility for a receiver/stocker/cashier who wants to advance to a management position and has an above average, proven work record. This position performs the management processes required to open and close the store and a resource for employees to ensure the success of the SVdP mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all requirements of current position with an above “competent” rating
- Supports mission of SVdP
- Accountable for keeping proper inventory controls and cash controls
- Operates POS system, opening and closing, completes credit and cash refund transactions
- Uses own transportation to complete bank deposits
Store Management Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility of total store operation when acting as manager on duty
- Assists with processing, stocking, pricing and merchandising donated items
- Knowledgeable about product and services and ensures that customer service resolution procedures are followed by staff and volunteers
- Assists with making appropriate schedule changes due to absences
- Other duties as assigned
Employee Relations Responsibilities: (employees and volunteers)
- Assists applicants with application process and provides input to hiring process
- Plans, organizes staff assignments; examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Respected resource to other employees
- Gives recognition to staff for their performance
- Limited supervisory responsibilities
Organization Mission and Policies:
- Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVdP Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, neighbors, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.
- To seek and serve all in need so that people are inspired to grow closer to Christ
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Mathematics and reading comprehension (Intermediate level)
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral and written communication to wide and varied audiences
- Customer service
- Follow directions
- Work on multiple projects at once in fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Count change
- Attention to detail
- Work a flexible schedule
- Frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, if applicable.
- Occasionally works in high precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.