The Manager, Insurance & Risk is a key member of the Corporate Treasury team managing the Insurance and Risk functions with the organization. A successful candidate in this hands-on role will direct and administer company’s risk management and insurance program and serve as the main point of contact for the Company’s global insurance broker. Establish and recommend various policies and procedures according to industry requirements, regulations, and company’s insurance portfolio. The Manager, Treasury & Risk serves as the main point of contact for internal and external parties on company insurance and risk matters requiring strong interpersonal skills to be successful in this role.
- Manage the global insurance programs including driving the annual renewal and data gathering process. Review all insurance binders, policies, and invoices for accuracy.
- Identify deficiencies and recommend appropriate changes to insurance coverages or endorsements.
- Establish processes to manage purchases, renewals, compliance, reporting and claims management of core insurance programs.
- Manage reportable insurance claims, liaising with the third-party claim administrator, carriers, legal counsel and coordinating internally as necessary to support claims investigations
- Complete annual insurance audits and maintain insurance history files for policies, certificates, invoices, and pricing.
- Partner with HR and EH&S teams on management of workers compensation programs including monopolistic state programs.
- Coordinate certificates of insurance requests and implement best practices for managing customer and supplier requirements
- In partnership with senior executives develop a risk philosophy balancing the necessary coverage required to meet the company’s needs with overall cost effectiveness and risk appetite.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to ensure insurance coverage meets and evolves with business requirements and risks.
- Partner with Operations and Finance to manage property risk and reduce insurance costs via by through carrier loss control site visits and cost valuations
- Manage counterparty assurance programs (surety bonds, bank guarantees and letters of credit).
- Identify and manage foreign exchange exposure/risk and explore hedging opportunities; structure policies and procedures by partnering across functions to minimize foreign currency risk
- Management of real estate tracking and property leases
- Management and coordination of intercompany loans partnering with Tax and Finance.
- Support Insurance and Risk Management Due Diligence reviews for Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Assistance with other treasury tasks and special projects as assigned