Strategic, Innovative, Analytical, Strong Leader
Not many companies in today’s world have a 95% retention rate of associates like Indiana Farmers Insurance. We value and retain our associates through a combination of interesting work, great co-workers, and a top-notch total rewards package. We are a financially strong mutual insurance company that values making smart decisions and implementing them sensibly. We also value having a good balance between our work and personal lives. All these factors combined mean a positive and stable workplace for our associates and excellent service for our members!
Indiana Farmers’ Values: Innovation + Collaboration + Accountability + Respect + Empowerment
We are currently looking for a Vice President Marketing and Strategic Initiatives to join our team. The right candidate will plan, develop and direct all activities relating to the company’s marketing, advertising, brand and public relations. Additional responsibilities include identifying and assuring implementation of technology that supports external communication, social media and overall customer focus. As a Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Initiatives with Indiana Farmers Insurance and in support of our vision, you will be responsible for exploring new ways to work with independent agents including programs, affinity and managing general agents.
Responsibilities in this job include but are not limited to:
- Regularly collaborating with executive leadership to define and develop the organization’s long-term mission, strategies, plans, goals and objectives
- Responsible for all company branding and advertising efforts; develop metrics to understand and measure success of those efforts and ensure they align with the company vision and strategic plan
- Defining long-term road map and assessing investment, resource needs and capabilities to effectively execute strategic initiatives
- Actively exploring and building a network/pipeline of opportunities for Indiana Farmers including programs, affinity groups and partnerships
- Working closely with VP Sales and leadership team to determine how we can best position the company for success with strategic initiatives
- Leading community outreach programs and public relation efforts in support of our company’s vision and strategy
- Owning the company’s Voice of the Customer initiatives including surveys, dialogues, customer data and analysis; acting on new processes to enhance their experience
- Ensuring company communication, social media efforts and external website content align with strategic and customer journey initiatives; ensuring the company’s image and brand are properly utilized in all outlets
- Developing, monitoring and owning the adherence to the department budget; establishes budgetary guidelines
- Interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating performance and, when necessary, disciplining and discharging direct report team members; insures the proper development and guidance of department staff
- Managing our Client Communities team
- College degree required. Major in related area, preferred
- At least ten years of insurance experience including five years of sales/marketing/business development departmental management
- At least five years of insurance experience with independent agents through programs, affinity groups and/or managing general agents with strong connections/network
- Broad knowledge of property and casualty insurance principles
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to and experience in forecasting and budgeting
Important skills and abilities include:
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with associates, agents, insureds and various outside contacts
- Ability to guide others to achieve company goals; strong leadership, organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 143 years in business!
Total Rewards Package includes a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Excellent health, dental, vision and life Insurance plans are provided free of charge to associates.
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow.
- We offer an exceptional 401(k) Plan with a 2% match plus an 11% company contribution.
- An above average Paid Time Off bank of days as well as paid holidays are standard.
- We offer a paid Day of Service to serve others at your favorite charitable organization.
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization.
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture.
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier.
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!