About Canal Alliance
Canal Alliance is a nonpro?t champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment. We believe that everyone has the right to achieve their dreams. Every day, we educate, empower, support, and partner with motivated immigrants and their families to best meet their unique needs—from putting food on the table, to becoming U.S. citizens, to learning English, and graduating from college. Because when we support immigrants, Marin becomes a place where everyone can live, learn, work, and succeed.
Leadership Giving Associate
Canal Alliance seeks a Leadership Giving Associate to provide daily and detailed administrative and project support for the Leadership Giving Circle (LGC) program, which is managed by the Senior Manager of Leadership Giving to secure gifts of $1,000 and more from individual and corporate donors. The Leadership Giving Associate reports directly to the Senior Manager of Leadership Giving and is a member of a ten-person Development Department, responsible for raising over $8M toward a $10M+ organization budget. This a full-time, exempt position with full benefits.
The Leadership Giving Associate collaborates with other members of the Development team to ensure effective donor engagement, cultivation, and stewardship. The Leadership Giving Associate directly supports the fundraising efforts of the Senior Manager of Leadership Giving and other members of the Leadership Giving team by conducting donor research, preparing donor profiles, documenting tasks and next steps in Salesforce, and supporting donor meetings and follow up activities. The position provides project management support for the Leadership Giving Program by monitoring and reporting on program plans, timelines, activities, and results, and provides primary data and administrative support to maintain accurate and complete donor and gift records for Leadership Giving Circle donors and prospects.
Leadership Giving Circle Program Support – 20%
· Support the Senior Manager of Leadership Giving to implement a comprehensive Leadership Giving Circle program to identify, qualify, cultivate, acknowledge, and steward donors giving $1,000 or more.
· Participate in and support regular LGC and Moves Management meetings by preparing meeting agendas and taking and distributing meeting notes.
· Provide project management support for the LGC Program by updating, monitoring and reporting on status of plans, timelines, and activities.
Prospect Research – 15%
· Help to qualify existing donors and identify prospects with growth potential to support the Senior Manager of Leadership Giving to develop and execute an active donor cultivation and stewardship plan.
· Utilize wealth screening tools (such as iWave) and publicly available information to conduct prospect research and qualification.
Meeting & Event Support – 15%
· Arrange and confirm meetings and speaking events with LGC donors and prospects.
· Prepare meeting agendas and collateral packets for meetings with LGC donors and prospects.
· Gather and enter post-meeting notes and donor profile updates into Salesforce, to ensure that LGC donor records are accurate and up-to-date.
· Support LGC donor engagement and follow-up activities at fundraising events hosted by Canal Alliance.
Administrative and Data Support – 40%
· Provide general administrative support for the Senior Manager of Leadership Giving and the Development Director to support LGC donor engagement and cultivation.
· Maintain LGC donor and gift records in Salesforce to ensure that leadership gifts are properly recorded, acknowledged, and recognized in an accurate and timely manner.
· Run reports on LGC giving and provide weekly and monthly giving and donor updates to the Leadership Giving Team and Development Managers.
· Track, monitor and report on LGC donor engagement and research activities in Salesforce, and maintain easily accessible donor files and information.
· Prepare personalized and bulk mailings to LGC donors by preparing segmented donor lists, conducting mail merges, printing letters and other materials, and assembling and mailing letters and packages for gift acknowledgment letters, donor solicitations, key stakeholder communications, donor thank you gifts, and other communications.
· Package and send materials to Board Members to support trainings and donor engagement activities.
· Collaborate with members of the Development team to ensure that donor inquiries and requests are responded to in a timely manner through telephone, written correspondence, and personal contact.
· Support the preparation of informational and marketing materials for Leadership Giving events and campaigns, including digital and written communications.
· Prepare the LGC donor list for the Annual Report and website updates.
Data Analysis and Reporting – 10%
· Monitor LGC Program data, and create and disseminate reports detailing strategies, metrics, and results, including active and lapsed donors and prospects, funding pipeline, and upcoming tasks and activities.
· Contribute content to the LGC monthly report detailing key projects, accomplishments, challenges and metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualities Required
· Proven ability to work within dynamic teams and build strong working relationships with colleagues, donors, businesses, volunteers and clients.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks, and manage demanding situations effectively, while showing initiative and being anticipatory rather than reactive.
· Effective time management and work organization skills, with a high attention to detail.
· Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, with the ability to think strategically, problem solve creatively, and exercise good judgment.
· Data literacy skills, with competence in finding, manipulating, managing, and interpreting data.
· Strong writing and editing skills.
· Exceptional communication skills; ability to engage individuals and groups.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information.
· Excellent computer and technology skills, including facility with internet navigation, social media channels, databases, and Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Minimum of one year of experience in a related position.
· Knowledge of Latino, immigrant, or low-income communities.
· Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of fundraising.
· Experience with fundraising in a non-profit organization.
· Experience in data entry and analysis, especially using Salesforce/NPSP or similar.