Sunshine Beverages, pat of the Teall Capital family of companies, is looking for an experienced, highly passionate brand manager to join our fast-growing beverage company. The Director of Marketing and Brand Management will be based in Sunshine headquarters in downtown Winston-Salem, NC and will report directly to the President of Sunshine Beverages. This is a dynamic role in a fast-paced environment and start-up culture with significant growth opportunity. The Director will own and lead all aspects of brand management and marketing for Sunshine. This role requires proven branding expertise as well as the ability (and desire) to execute marketing tactics at a ground level. Experience with CPG food/beverage company is mandatory .
- Lead brand strategy for Sunshine, including overseeing and implementing research and insights, positioning, creative execution, and messaging
- Maintain consistent brand identity and oversee all brand assets to ensure consistent image and messaging (content, products, sub-brands, advertising, etc.)
- Stay up to date on industry trends, competitors, market research, consumer behavior and preferences, developing strategies to position brand for growth
Marketing Strategy, Planning & Execution
- Develop, manage, and execute annual marketing plans with over-arching goals and objectives with associated timelines, budgets and deliverables
- Direct strategy, content and execution for all communication channels:
o Digital/Mobile: website, email, SMS o Organic Social: Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter
o Partnerships: influencers, ambassadors, organization, corporate, and other
o In-Store/Retail Marketing: POS, Digital Programs, Promotions, Retailer e-Commerce
o Paid Digital: Facebook, Google, Programmatic
o DTC: Shopify, Amazon, Walmart, GNC, B&M and others
- Oversee event and field marketing team, including one direct report and growing team of brand representatives in 10 key markets
- Manage third-party vendors, partners and agencies, serving as main point of contact for all marketing partnerships • Collaborate and support sales team with customer/retail opportunities, event participation requests, sampling needs, marketing communication, retail program planning, creative execution, etc.
- Oversee and manage development of sales, marketing and promotional materials, including all new business development and retailer pitch decks • Consistently review sales materials to refine and optimize Sunshine’s story, taking recent market trends and competition into consideration
DTC & E-Commerce
- Manage owned e-commerce channels (drinkthesunshine.com, Amazon, Walmart, GNC, Kroger, etc.), and supervise relevant 3rd-party agencies to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals
- Develop marketing programs designed to drive online sales and build one-to-one relationships with consumers
- Design and continually optimize consumer experience to deepen engagement and drive sales
- Lead strategic development of new product extensions and lines by spearheading research to understand emerging trends and consumer behavior
- Oversee new product development process from concept to execution
- Lead development of all creative, packaging, messaging and launch for new product introductions, managing relevant third-party agencies and partners
- Work closely with Sunshine’s cross functional business teams (e.g. sales and operations) on market and operational requirements to drive new product development, ensuring feasibility, timelines, regulations and expectations are met
This position could be an hybrid of in-office (2-3 days/week) and remote work.