REMOTE – North America /Sales /FULL-TIME
As the leading Intelligent Automation platform, BackBox is changing the way organizations manage and monitor their Security and Network infrastructure. Offering a single, centralized solution to manage all security and network devices, the BackBox solution automates all operational activities including orchestration, backup, recovery, asset management, security audits and capacity optimization for over 180 technology vendors ensuring an improved security posture by enhancing operational efficiencies, infrastructure reliability and visibility while reducing overall risk. Said another way, we do really cool stuff to keep corporate networks running smoothly.
As a global organization with team members around the world, BackBox supports customers within every major geographical region and industry, resulting in exposure to a variety of environments and unique customer requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
You! A sales leader that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is collaborative, accountable, a self-starter and believes in infinite possibilities. We’re looking for individuals who believe they can accomplish great things and create lasting growth working alongside a fantastic team. We hire based on attitude, especially good ones, and competency and commitment are core to who you are.
What you’ll be doing:
Selling, of course, but also partnering with our customers to understand their challenges and long-term plans for their network design and workflows.
- As a Sales Executive you will be responsible for helping attract new customers for our products and services.
- You will develop and cultivate relationships where your role is to ensure customers and partners are connected to our product, our employees, and the world class processes needed to deliver a consistent, predictable engagement with high quality.
- You will work with our Customer Experience team to ensure customers’ issues are resolved in a timely manner in accordance with their SLA.
- You will collaborate with our Engineering and Product Management teams to ensure we are building product and services that our customers want and need.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Exceed revenue quota goals on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to address each customer's and partner's unique inquiry, while providing them with the proper information and appropriate solution based on the customer's specific needs and interests.
- Develop business plans, which align to the assigned geographic and business needs.
- Engage and work with business partners where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and execute marketing plans through/with end users and partners.
- Follow-up on all leads supplied and ensure internal systems are updated.
- Coordinate and lead the appropriate technical resources to demonstrate BackBox’s advantages to the customer.
- Follow-up with clients and work with BackBox post-sale Customer Success Managers to ensure consistent and ongoing coverage of account including new sales opportunities.
- Understand and work in all aspects of the sales cycle, including qualifying, presentations, demonstrations, RFP responses, negotiations, and the closing process.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the territory including the customers, the prospects, the partners, the influencers, and the competitors.
- Understand and communicate all product and technological strategies employed by competitive and complimentary organizations in the BackBox market space.
- Maintain the highest level of customer and partner satisfaction within the accounts in your territory.
- Maintain a positive, professional 'total customer service' attitude and demonstrate we care about each and every customer engagement
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule sales support functions with the Customer Experience staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and manage conversations at all business and technical levels of a client's organization from their CEO to a Network and Systems Administrator.
How success will be measured:
- Quota attainment is pretty darn important when you’re on the front lines selling, but there are other aspects too, such as:
- Growing your territory,
- Building relationships with customers, prospects and partners.
- How well you think strategically about building the business and how to expand BackBox across the territory.
We’re looking for:
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Partner Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate partner focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with partners, identifying, meeting and exceeding partner expectations, and by treating partners with dignity and respect.
- Territory Management: Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts leveraging CRM tools (Salesforce experience preferable); prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and our sales methodology.
- Know Our Business: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions impact business success.
- Experience selling software solutions to enterprises; IT and Infrastructure related software solutions is ideal.
- 3 – 5 Years of direct sales/account management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified, although we’d love to have you at our Dallas, TX HQ!
If you thrive working in a small company, growth environment and you are passionate about helping customers and companies solve problems, we look forward to hearing from you! BackBox is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with talented people who are passionate about building a company by which all other companies are measured. We are a company comprised of experienced individuals and proven leadership that is looking to take BackBox to the next level.
If you have these skills and this sounds like a cool gig, please submit your résumé and cover letter to BackBox. Please note BackBox is currently not accepting third party resumes.
BackBox is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. BackBox is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.