Pine Tree Society, a premier provider of audiology services in mid-coast Maine, is seeking a full-time Director of Audiology to oversee our Audiology Program in providing audiological evaluations for adults and children in our Bath office. Together with our Audiologist, you would also provide fitting and maintenance of a variety of hearing instruments to help maximize our clients’ hearing capabilities. Come join a team dedicated to helping Maine people lead richer, more socially connected lives every day!
Our Director of Audiology ensures services are provided in an effective and efficient manner and oversees daily activities of Audiology Program. This position provides leadership and vision consistent with Pine Tree Society’s mission, vision and values for all aspects of the program including staff development, program design, program delivery and focus, planning and management of the budget.
Some Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintains highly motivated and skilled staff through recruitment, performance evaluation, staff development, ongoing coaching and targeted trainings and leadership consistent with Pine Tree Society’s mission, vision, values, actions and compensation philosophy.
- Stays abreast of current regulations, legislation and trends related to Audiology and hearing aids. Establishes program policies and procedures in accordance with state, federal and agency requirements.
- Develops an annual budget and strategies for meeting budget requirements in collaboration with the executive administrative team.
- Develops and implements comprehensive annual program operational plans which include program goals, objectives and action plans.
- Performs ongoing evaluation of program outcomes and financials. Prepares monthly and end-of-year program evaluation reports (balanced scorecard reports) which report progress against key indicators, including an analysis of variance and develop action steps to bring indicators to goal.
- Maintains responsibility for fiscal management of the program; ensures program revenues and expenditures are reasonable and consistent with program budget and goals. Sets fees for service.
- Provides administrative oversight of business operations to ensure programs run smoothly with adequate internal controls.
- Determines degree and origin of hearing loss by performing and interpreting complete, comprehensive audiological evaluations with diagnostic equipment; when indicated, recommends medical intervention, habilitative strategies, amplification, and/or assistive listening devices. Adheres to the rules and regulations of the State of Maine Board of Speech Pathology, Audiology & Hearing.
- Performs audiology evaluations and completes fitting and maintenance of a variety of hearing instruments to help maximize the client's functioning.
- Dispenses and fits hearing aids consistent with the rules and regulations provided by the State of Maine Board of Speech Pathology, Audiology & Hearing; instructs clients on use and care of hearing instruments, provides aural rehabilitation counseling, obtains function gain measurements and aided speech discrimination scores, obtains real ear measurements and administers functional outcome measures as necessary.
- Provides in-house hearing aid repair service.
- Ensures client and/or parent expresses an understanding of test results and exhibits agreement with action plans by providing counseling and determining and explaining the need for rehabilitation and/or medical management; makes appropriate related recommendations to clients, parents, physicians and other service providers.
- Keeps audiological equipment in good working order and reduces downtime by maintaining calibration on instrumentation through regular equipment checks. Schedules annual exhaustive calibrations by a qualified vendor.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability and voluntary insurances as well as a generous paid time off (PTO) program, 11 paid holidays, a 403(b) savings and retirement plan with employer match, professional development opportunities and support, and a friendly, collaborative and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE.
Covid-19 Safety Measures: We require our team members to be Covid-19 vaccinated and to wear face masks at all of our locations for the safety of our staff, our clients, and their families. We also check temperatures and monitor Covid-19 symptoms of all clients receiving Audiology services.