COME JOIN OUR EARLY LEARNING CENTER TEAM AND RECEIVE $2000 IN SIGN-ON BONUSES!*
*$500 will be granted after completion of conditional offer requirements and 30 days as a Society team member. An additional $1500 will be awarded after 6 months of continued and successful employment!
As a Teacher at Pine Tree Society’s Early Learning Center, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and documenting a daily age-appropriate preschool program which meets the developmental needs of all children in our classroom and as an itinerant teacher.
- Ensures the appropriate staffing and supervision of the classroom at all times.
- Arranges the classroom into definite interest centers that encourage small group, large group and individual activities.
- Promotes and models good health habits, hand washing, tooth brushing etc. Integrates health and safety education into the classroom.
- Maintains rooms, equipment and toys.
- Observes, records and assesses child’s progress with parent input to ensure the implementation of the Creative Curriculum to provide an individualized program for all children.
- Maintains accurate up-to-date records and documentation to include and ensure timely submission where applicable.
- Develops, maintains and documents partnerships with parents to enhance their role and skills in their child’s development and to keep parents informed of their child’s progress.
- Participates in ongoing staff development to support continued growth in personal and professional skills. Participates in trainings, staff meetings or other related meetings as requested.
- Works with consultant/therapists assigned to the program in order to provide the most appropriate program for children. Maintains, participates in and keeps current training certification in First Aid/CPR training.
- Provides leadership and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, parents, community providers and public school personnel.
- Willingness to participate in training, possess good verbal and written communication skills and work as an effective team member.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with parents, therapists and supervise others
- Must have a sincere interest, commitment and ability to the provision of operating a quality program for children and families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated competency in the use of computer systems in order to perform daily word processing tasks and proper network utilization.
Minimum education requirement: Must hold or apply and be eligible for an Educational Technician III Certification from the Maine Department of Education.
Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a degree in a related field and teaching experience with children ages birth-5 is acceptable.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Special Education is preferred as well as a 282 or 081 Endorsement for birth-5.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health ($0-$55 premiums every 2 weeks), dental ($0 for team members), life, short-term disability (both Society-paid), and voluntary insurances as well as a generous paid time off (PTO) policy (15 days/year to start), 12 paid holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan and a friendly and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE.
Covid-19 Safety Precautions: For the safety of our staff, clients, and their families, we require all of our team members to be Covid-19 vaccinated including one booster.
Pay Range: $18.00-$20.00/hour - 35 hours/week