The Program Instructor holds the primary responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of activities and programs. They are expected to help create and maintain a professional environment where the Camp For All mission is carried out through intentional programming.
List of Essential Duties:
- Participates in staff orientation and training for Camp For All Programs
- Obtains optional program certifications, including, but not limited to lifeguarding, challenge course, etc.
- Obtains required CPR training
- Exhibits the ability to manage an assigned program activity, including planning and adapting the activity to the camper’s special needs
- Work with Program Supervisors to maintain and upkeep program activity areas.
- Demonstrates the desire to learn, understand and adapt to the needs of the individual camper
- Follows all safety standards set by Camp For All and the Program Manager in accordance with Texas Department of Health and American Camping Association
- Immediately corrects any safety infractions and/or reports such to supervisor
- Displays the ability and desire to work as a “team” with the program management team as well as other program staff
- Manages free time in a responsible manner so as to be fully prepared for each Partner Group
- Follows a variety of instructions, procedure manuals and safety rules
- Maintains flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours as needed
The Program Instructor reports directly to the Program Supervisors.
This is a residential position. The Program Instructor is expected to live on site. Housing is provided and maintained by Camp For All. This is a seasonal, exempt position. Compensation is $375 per week. Meals are provided when partner groups are on site.