The Program Instructor holds the primary responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of activities and programs. They are expected to help create and maintain a professional environment where the Camp For All mission is carried out through intentional programming.
List of Essential Duties:
- Participates in staff orientation and training for Camp For All Programs
- Obtains optional program certifications, including, but not limited to lifeguarding, challenge course, etc.
- Obtains required CPR training
- Exhibits the ability to manage an assigned program activity, including planning and adapting the activity to the camper’s special needs
- Work with Program Supervisors to maintain and upkeep program activity areas.
- Demonstrates the desire to learn, understand and adapt to the needs of the individual camper
- Follows all safety standards set by Camp For All and the Program Manager in accordance with Texas Department of Health and American Camping Association
- Immediately corrects any safety infractions and/or reports such to supervisor
- Displays the ability and desire to work as a team with the program management team as well as other program staff
- Manages free time in a responsible manner so as to be fully prepared for each Partner Group
- Follows a variety of instructions, procedure manuals and safety rules
- Maintains flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours as needed
The Program Instructor reports directly to the Program Supervisors.
- The Program Instructor is expected to live on site during their work-week. Housing is provided and maintained by Camp For All.
- This is a seasonal, exempt position. Typical work-weeks are Friday through Sunday. Compensation is $225 per week/end.
- There will be opportunities for mid-week programming and/or projects. Compensation for days in excess of the 3-day work week will be paid at a rate of $40 per half day or $75 per full day.
- Meals are provided when Partner groups are on site.
- High School diploma
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience in leadership and/or volunteer roles
- Desire to work with the special needs population
All Camp For All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID19. Please notify the hiring manager if you are unable to comply with the requirement.