This job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Allies for Community Business believes that entrepreneurs from any background can start and grow businesses that create wealth for their families and communities. A4CB provides the capital, coaching, and collaboration entrepreneurs need to grow great businesses in their communities.
The Manager of Individual Giving is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Director of Development. The Manager of Individual Giving is responsible for increasing the organization’s reach by developing and executing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts (ranging from $10k to $100k plus) for the purpose of supporting programming and general operations.
Salary and Benefits Information
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000 commensurate with experience and skillset. A4CB offers generous medical and dental insurance plans; offers a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan (with employer match); and provides excellent paid time off to its employees. A4CB is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals with diverse backgrounds and work experiences to apply.
- Meet or exceed outreach goals each year
- Raise at least the budgeted amount from individual donors each year
- Contribute to annual organizational fundraising goals
- Steward individual donors
- In partnership with the Director of Development, create an annual plan for individual giving that complements other Development work
- Prepare major gift proposals in response to inquiries and/or cultivation of major prospects
- Form and deepen relationships with A4CB major donors and invest in relationships with other donors who show potential for growth
- Manage a portfolio of prospective donors and donors with the capacity to make major gifts
- Coordinate and conduct face –to-face visits and other activities to build strong relationships with donors and potential donors
- Work with members of A4CB’s Board and Advisory Council to identify prospective donors
- Manage wealth screening for individuals as appropriate
- Document outreach and other activities effectively in Neon CRM and regularly generate reports to review activity with Director of Development and CEO
- Work events (A4CB-hosted and otherwise) which existing and potential A4CB donors are likely to attend
- Coordinate with the Director of Development and the Director of Marketing and Communications to involve individual donors in our annual fundraiser and other A4CB events
- Perform other duties flexibly and creatively as needs arise
A4CB requires its staff to
- Solve problems creatively
- Manage time efficiently
- Attend to details meticulously
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Collaborate flexibly with colleagues in a diverse and changing environment
- Believe strongly in A4CB’s vision and mission
The Manager of Individual Giving should have experience in
- Planning and execution of major gift fundraising plan
- 5-7 years of experience in major gifts with a non-profit organization, including track record of securing five and six figure philanthropic gifts
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (public speaking and writing)
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Using Neon CRM or similar platforms