The Brand Project Manager for Weasler Engineering will lead cross-functional teams to deliver a portfolio of strategic product initiatives in support of the Weasler global growth strategy. You will work in a highly autonomous environment to execute development programs of various sizes and complexity to achieve scope, schedule, cost, delivery, and quality requirements while demonstrating a high level of competency in project management skills and thorough understanding of multiple functional workstreams.
- Act as the central project lead and initiate, plan, execute and manage all aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery of the requirements.
- Coordinates and facilitates the delivery of project objectives as specified by the product management team.
- Acts as primary focal point between the functional areas including product engineering, manufacturing, product management, purchasing and quality.
- Delegates tasks on the project to team members who are best positioned to complete them.
- Evaluates trade-offs and drives solutions as they affect project objectives.
- Works with technical leads and project team members on development timelines. Identifies the critical path and tracks progress.
- Tracks project progress and works with technical leads and the project team on necessary adjustments to achieve project deliverables.
- Ensures a successful transition through the project phases, from product development to delivery.
- Ensures the use of standard processes, procedures, and documentation throughout each project. Developing documentation standards when and where applicable.
- Manage risks, issues list and drive corrective actions to mitigate risks in a timely manner.
- Act as the owner for the NPD phase-gate process with a focus on continuous improvement and training for new employees.
- Facilitates project closure and transition to production.
- Supports the project team and technical lead with establishing and tracking project budgets.
- Reports on product and project costs during the product development process.
- Facilitates resolution of product cost issues and necessary cost reduction measures between engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and product management.
- Provides regular project status reporting following established standards, as well as provides ad-hoc reporting upon request.
- Develops and facilitates necessary communication with all functional area stakeholders
- Facilitates team meetings and tracks action items
- Other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a product development related discipline (i.e., Design, Engineering, Manufacturing or Marketing). An MBA or Masters in Engineering Management is preferred.
Experience and/or Training: At least 5 years’ experience in Project Management or Program Management is required. Results must demonstrate an ability to build teams, make effective decisions and drive action cross-functionally. Experience managing multi-phase/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high internal and external customer focus satisfaction.
Licenses/Certificates: A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of any of the following strongly preferred: Microsoft Project, Lean/Agile NPD processes, DFMEA, Risk Mitigation
- Resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to delegate effectively and motivate people involved in the project to complete tasks on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technology/Equipment: Knowledge of any of the following strongly preferred: Microsoft Project, Lean/Agile NPD processes, DFMEA, Risk Mitigation
Travel occasionally to customer locations, occasionally internationally.