Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the VP of Legal will be responsible for all legal, regulatory, and compliance activities of the Company. The position will manage relationships with and oversee the work of outside counsel and will be responsible for leading corporate legal strategy and initiatives. The position will be responsible for contracting efforts related to customer and vendor contracts as well as contracting associated with equity and debt financing, acquisitions, sales, and joint ventures. The position will interact with and advise both senior management and the board on legal, regulatory, and compliance matters.
- Prepare and negotiate general contracts, third-party agreements and vendor supplier relationships including the development or modification of forms and contracts.
- Oversee preparation, negotiation, and/or review of customer contracts and manage customer interactions in order to expedite the contracting process.
- Oversee contract management and compliance.
- Maintain or obtain necessary business licenses required to operate in existing or new capacities.
- Assist in the negotiation and closing of transactions, including equity and debt financing, sales, acquisitions and joint ventures and serve as primary point of contact with Company’s and third party’s outside counsel throughout the transaction process.
- Identify risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks involved in potential transactions.
- Manage relationships with and oversee the work of external counsel when necessary and appropriate.
- Assist management with employment law policies, concerns, contracts, and claims.
- Assist in the filing and administration of trademarks, patents, intellectual property and trade secrets.
- Serve as Company’s expert on all applicable healthcare and privacy laws and regulations and ensure compliance with those laws and regulations.
- Assist with regulatory and compliance training of employees.
- Communicate legal, regulatory, and/or compliance initiatives, concerns, or status to appropriate management team members or the board of directors.
- Respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers and the business community.
- Serve as the company’s legislative representative and interpret and disseminate information on legislative matters including existing, pending, and new legislation.
- Develop and update company policies and procedures and compliance manuals in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Serve as the Compliance Officer as appointed by the board of directors.
- Manage the Principal of Compliance, Risk and Governance position.