The Senior HR Generalist partners with business leaders through the administration of HR policies, procedures, and programs, supporting departmental initiatives, employee relations, training, development, compensation, and talent acquisition.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests (where applicable), and selects manufacturing employees to fill vacant positions following local compliance requirements. Supports the recruitment, interview, and selection process for other functional groups.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to provide a positive introduction to the company, policies, procedures, culture, and company goals.
- Champions onboarding planning and evaluation of onboarding effectiveness with functional leaders.
- Trains managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations topics.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Supports performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Supports salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Educates others and demonstrates CentroMotion’s Leadership in Motion competencies.
- Provides general information regarding benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, time off, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Partners with centralized benefit resources for support in complex benefit inquiries and situations.
- Initiates and manages relationships with local staffing vendors.
- Maintains employee data in HRIS to assure accuracy. Initiates basic reports and conducts data analysis as needed.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Where applicable in some locations, is a key contact for and leader of workplace safety programs.
- Where applicable in some locations, is a key contact and resource in union relations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Education and Experience/Training: Bachelor’s degree and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft software and Human Resource systems.
Licenses/Certificates: HR Certification (e.g., PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) preferred.