The R&D Manager – Carbon Composites will be responsible for development of innovative materials, New Product Introductions, root cause analysis, and operations support. Identify suppliers of alternate raw materials and develop processes to qualify materials/processes. Prepare test plans and analyze results to evaluate material performance against application requirements. Document procedures, establish process specifications and capabilities, and train manufacturing personnel for technology transfer to high volume manufacturing.
- Interfacing with Application Engineers to understand the customer’s critical characteristics.
- Assist in defining the material and process development space
- Develop and implement plans to qualify alternate suppliers and/or new materials for manufacturing.
- Develop solutions to technical problems through the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE) and/or other relevant problem solving tools.
- Create process recipes, conduct statistical analysis to define specifications and determine equipment capabilities, and document the “best known methods”.
- Create prototypes, prepare test plans and analyze results and assist in down selecting materials/processes.
- Lead the process of technology transfer from R&D to high volume manufacturing.
- Manage lab technician’s tasks, projects, development and training as well as performance reviews.
- Track and adhere to research financial budget.