The HR Manager will plan, direct, implement and oversee human resources and employee relations activities for our Carlisle Brake & Friction plants in Medina & Solon, OH & Bloomington, IN. You will lead activities such as employee relations, employee engagement/retention strategies, recruitment/talent acquisition efforts, talent development, and talent review processes in order to achieve CentroMotion’s HR strategic plan. This is a leadership position where you will have the freedom to drive organizational and people strategies, monitor business performance with an emphasis on people-related metrics and trends, and deliver Human Resources solutions that are timely and which effectively address business issues and needs.
- Partner with Corporate strategies and policy frameworks to design and implement HR strategies, guidelines and procedures within broad principles and policies set by the corporate organization to meet requirements supporting short and long-term business needs.
- Supervise core human resource services for plants to ensure that qualified personnel are recruited, developed and motivated to achieve business objectives.
- Manage entire hiring process for hourly employees, including job advertisements, hiring fairs, interviews, selection and offers of employment. Also, ensure all of the hiring processes are adhered to. Interview and help select salaried personnel for the location.
- True business partner to site leadership. Will support site management in creating and maintaining a work environment that has a high level of engagement and productivity through active coaching.
- Position is responsible for maintaining and conducting activities around positive employee relationships.
- Assist in the articulation of the values and culture of the organization and proposes HR management activities which support the organization’s culture.
- Provide advice and guidance on the interpretation of company policies and procedures as they relate to individuals and company objectives.
- Partner with the management team to communicate HR policy changes, procedures, and programs to the organization.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Assist in resolving employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings, Performance Improvement Plans and, as needed, termination.
- Champion and implement annual CentroMotion talent review process by identifying top talent and assisting managers in developing action plans.
- Work with site managers to identify human resources issues/problems and provides leadership and support in finding solutions.
- Manage organizational design and effectiveness, performance management and competency development initiatives for the site.
- Champion and lead several of the HR continuous improvement efforts for the site.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.