JOB SUMMARY: The driver will provide safe, dependable transportation and assistance for residents of Valley Manor. All drivers are to provide courteous and timely delivery of service.
SALARY RANGE: $10.90-$13.65
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist and transport residents to and from outside appointments safely, comfortably and in a timely fashion. Transport residents in ESLC vehicles, including but not limited to 14 passenger bus with wheelchair lift. Observe speed limits and safe driving practices 100% of the time.
• Cooperate with staff, families and residents in setting up the weekly schedule and making subsequent adjustments when needed.
• Keep accurate records of residents served.
• Ensure that no resident is left unattended in the vehicle.
• Maintains clean and tidy vehicle.
• Maintains frequent contact with the front desk. Immediately reports any resident concerns.
• Assist residents boarding vehicle and escort them to and from buildings as necessary.
• Perform routine pre-checks and maintain vehicles in good and clean condition.
• Notify Security Team leader and/or Executive Director immediately of any vehicle malfunctions and/or problems.
• Exhibit, in conversations and actions, respect for residents and family members at all times.
• Be supportive to residents by offering directions and conversation as needed and assist as appropriate or directed.
• Report any unresolved resident issues to supervisory staff.
• Perform snow removal as necessary.
• Pick up supplies, with Valley Manor vehicle, as needed.
• Carries groceries, parcels, etc. as needed.
• Make deliveries to Episcopal SeniorLife Communities as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a valid New York State driver’s license with a clean driving record for use of ESLC vehicle to conduct company business. Must be able to respond calmly to emergency situations and must be reliable. Must have the ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least two year experience providing transportation to groups (i.e. older adults or youth).